Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160701/united-complete-gayle-capture_2281670_5691447

United Complete Gayle Capture

Dwight Gayle

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Managing Editor

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace.

The 25-year-old striker arrives at St. James' Park for an undisclosed fee and has put pen to paper on a five-year deal.

Gayle began his professional career at Dagenham & Redbridge and spent time on loan at Bishop's Stortford and Peterborough United before joining the latter permanently in January 2013.

However, just six months later Palace made their move for the front man in a then-club record switch, and Gayle spent three seasons at Selhurst Park, finishing as the Eagles' top scorer in each of them and featuring in the 2016 FA Cup final at Wembley.

"It's a dream come true to be at a big club like this," said Gayle.

"Newcastle has a massive fan base and a great history so it is amazing to be here.

"I can't wait to get started, prove myself and score the goals that take us back up to the Premier League. It's where this Club belongs."

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez added: "Dwight is a great player, a proven goalscorer, and it is fantastic news that he has joined us.

"He has a big personality, a lot of energy and pace. He is a good finisher also, so he will add goals to our squad, for sure.

"He knows English football well, too, and that is important in the Championship.

"I am sure Dwight will want to prove he can make a big difference to our team and I am looking forward to working with him."

Either his shirt is too small, or he is quite a stocky f***er!!

Well happy with this signing.  Love players like him and with a lot of teams now playing one striker up top.  I think small, pacey goalscorers, have become a bit of a dying breed.  Well they certainly have for NUFC.  Lovenkrands was the last one I can remember who was even remotely similar to a Bellamy/Gayle type.

Don't know if anyone saw the video on Facebook but the shirt has a striped back from what I can see with gold lettering and numbers.

Probably a giggs but meh.

Guest chicken little

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/c9/43/0,,10278~14697417,00.jpg

his face looks like he should be holding a copy of today's paper.

Gold lettering (and numbers) then, and no back panel.

EDIT:  :giggs:

“He was unbelievable for us – absolutely unbelievable. The Geordies should be dancing in the streets that they’ve signed him, honestly. With Rafa Benitez coaching him, those brilliant fans behind him and playing regularly he’ll be in the England team within a year or two.

“It’s a brilliant buy for Newcastle – honestly, the fans should be made up. He’s the most natural striker of the ball I’ve ever seen – right foot, left foot, good in the air, he’s got the lot.

“He’s been Palace’s top scorer even though he’s not playing and every time I speak to anyone there they rave about him – so I can’t work out why they haven’t played him really. Their loss is going to be Newcastle’s gain, I reckon.”

We can :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-signing-dwight-gayle-11550547

Get in there.

Also, Rafa's comments are class.  Clearly knows Gayle inside out :thup:

Loved the bit about him having energy and pace. Rafa knows!

We have lacked this upfront for ages.

hate his face :lol:

It's not the best like, but hopefully we'll become numb to it. I never liked Townsend's balding head but when he started performing it quickly became invisible.

hate his face :lol:

It's not the best like, but hopefully we'll become numb to it. I never liked Townsend's balding head but when he started performing it quickly became invisible.

Compared to Obertan they are both contenders for next top models  :lol:

Guest antz1uk

Gold lettering (and numbers) then, and no back panel.

EDIT:  :giggs:

Jesus, the officials are going to have to have good glimmers to see those names on the back of the shirts