Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Palace fans seem to speak highly of him.  Someone said on Twitter he has been their leading goalscorer for 3 seasons despite being in and out of the team and playing in a system he was not suited to.

I'm positive because we have never made these sorts of signings in recent years.  A player who we might make a loss on but someone who right at this moment in time is exactly what we need, he's been signed for pure footballing reasons. 

This signing also has the added bonus of making Pardew look a wally if he scores loads for us in the championship to help seal promotion, and then continues to do so in the prem. Would be very delicious.

Went onto a Brighton forum, just to see what other Championship clubs think of the signings were making. First comment on there Dwight Gayle thread. "I hope they fail miserably for trying to buy there way out of the league"

We're the Man City of the Championship :lol:

Went onto a Brighton forum, just to see what other Championship clubs think of the signings were making. First comment on there Dwight Gayle thread. "I hope they fail miserably for trying to buy there way out of the league"

:lol: link please!

If I was a rival Championship club, I'd be hoping Newcastle WERE buying because that means we are surely going to lose one or two of our "stars".

They'd sooner face Richie and Gayle over Townsend and Sissoko or whoever. Sadly for them, the replacements will almost certainly make us a better team.

Scores goals and works hard, going to be interesting to see how we line up with Benitez usually favouring the lone striker.

Hard working striker you say? Let's stick him on the left wing and tell him to hold hands with the left back.

:lol:

Now that's funny. This season is going to be fun man.

Going down the same line I'm looking on a Villa forum (found nowt on a Sheff Utd or Fulham forum :lol: )

Just spotted this on the BBC buried in amongst the sports news. It looks like they have just spent £5m on a new GK, so maybe they are not as financially hamstrung as thought. Maybe Mike Ashley is going to throw Rafa some money to try and secure promotion back to the PL afterall. Let's be honest, Rafa would probably only have agreed to stay if he would be afforded funds to rebuild.

eh?

edit:

Weren't West Ham in for Ritchie a while back?

I know Newcastle are a bigger club but still surprised if he went there.

I don't think it's a bad thing if they run away with the league, would mean points total for 2nd place will be similar as they'd be beating nearly everyone.

:lol:

Everyone from Peterborough seems to think Dwight Gayle is talented enough to be in the Champions League, so we'd better they aren't just talking him up to get some sell on money.

Well, in a way you are..  :)

Palace fans seem to speak highly of him.  Someone said on Twitter he has been their leading goalscorer for 3 seasons despite being in and out of the team and playing in a system he was not suited to.

I'm positive because we have never made these sorts of signings in recent years.  A player who we might make a loss on but someone who right at this moment in time is exactly what we need, he's been signed for pure footballing reasons. 

We ended up making far bigger losses signing players for potential sell-on fees, then trusting has-been English managers with a patchy reputation to make sense of it.

Where's this 'good goalscorer' stuff coming from? He's scored a max of 7 goals in a season since entering FL/PL. 3 in 16 last season, 5 in 25 the year before. Never seen him, am I missing something?

edit:

Actually he scored 20 in 2012-13 in Championship (13) + League 2 (7)

Where's this 'good goalscorer' stuff coming from? He's scored a max of 7 goals in a season since entering FL/PL. 3 in 16 last season, 5 in 25 the year before. Never seen him, am I missing something?

edit:

Actually he scored 20 in 2012-13 in Championship (13) + League 2 (7)

You're missing the fact that very few of those appearances for Palace were full matches.  For instance you're looking at 25 appearances, but if you look at minutes it only comes to 12 full matches.

One of those players that when you see him in the line up or coming on as a sub you get that "nailed on to score" feeling.

I think it's a good signing,Him and Mitro will have a good partnership if we ever switch to a 2 man attack