Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

He never seems to back himself once he's got the other side of their midfield. That last corner he got was with the meekest swing of the leg I've seen in a while. If he just believed, or even just stopped worrying about the consequences he could actually get some goals.

2nd half of the promotion season i thought he improved loads and was one of the few players we had who could step up and become a solid Premier League player.  He’s got some really useful attributes (mainly linked with athleticism) but at the moment lacks the touch and sharpness to keep the ball consitantly in a PL midfield.  That can only improve by having a good attitude and actually playing games.  I didn’t see the game today but i’m happy to hear he had a decent game.

I was convinced he could create a good partnership with Merino. I’m certain I posted as such. He was really starting to play the ball around well, tackle and get involved in attack. Then he just fell off the map - remember that ass counter attack last season where he likely should have scored and just fucked it up.

Just let him leave!

He doesn't want to be here and he's not good enough anyway.

Let Longstaff play instead. He must be tested at this level for real if he is about to make it. Can't see him beeing any worse than Hayden, quite the opposite.

Should just let him go but Rafa won't be allowed to bring a replacement in, he'd have to probably elevate Longstaff through further. Shame what's happened, I thought he looked a good prospect in the Championship in regards to breaking play and screening the backline, was great the first half of that season but tailed off. Had some half decent performances last season too but Diame was rightly phasing him out. Now, I don't think there's a lack of effort, although the half arsed run onto a ball threaded through the defence v Arsenal didn't do him any favours. Did his job well v Huddersfield but that's another Championship side and yesterday he was light years out of his depth.

We're just constantly repeating ourselves; he should not be starting against Man Utd at home 2 seasons on from when he was signed in the Championship. But we all know that already.

We probably could have got 8 -10 million quid for him this time last year based on the mental way the transfer market is. I wonder if his stagnation is because of these personal problems.

He's still worth that tbh, but it's pretty clear he's not playing particularly well. He's not hiding, just not playing with 100% enthusiasm due to his wish to be away, and given that a big part of his game is his running and energy, it's obviously having an impact.

Technically none of my business, but why is a professional footballer not moving his partner and his kid up to live in the city he's employed in? Is it her career or family that can't force her to move? Just seems incredibly irresponsible, unless I'm missing a medical or personal issue that was reported previously.

Technically none of my business, but why is a professional footballer not moving his partner and his kid up to live in the city he's employed in? Is it her career or family that can't force her to move? Just seems incredibly irresponsible, unless I'm missing a medical or personal issue that was reported previously.

I'm sure I heard it was a medical issue with the kid that was the cause when it was first said he wanted to be back down there with them but to be honest I can't remember if that was actually disclosed or just a rumour.

• 4 weeks later...

Him and Longstaff should start for the foreseeable future.

:lol: Nah.

Wanna revise this? :lol:

Be harsh as fuck to leave either of Hayden or Longstaff out for Huddersfield now. Atsu on the other hand..

This was more to do with Hayden fwiw, and I still don't really like him all that much as a player. Limited.

But he has done well recently and we haven't exactly got Kante banging the door down to come back in...

He's dead wood. Let him go. Never going to be PL standard

Doesn't change the fact that our midfield is dross and we desperately need 5-6 new players of PL standard.

This has aged well in 6 weeks. It’s almost as if over the top sweeping statements are guaranteed bollocks.