Isaac Hayden

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think if his body wasn’t a wreckage Howe would have found a way of reintegrating him into the side and he’d have been a really reliable option for us 

Would just stifle the development of Anderson and Miley having him in the mix getting odd minutes. 

Standard Liege would be a canny switch for him mind.

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Steady on [emoji38]

I meant from November ‘21. Not as things stand now. If he’d been healthy when Howe came in I think he’d have got decent minutes in our relegation battle and then not gone out on loan. As it stands, he’s clearly being held together by some string and pritt stick 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I meant from November ‘21. Not as things stand now. If he’d been healthy when Howe came in I think he’d have got decent minutes in our relegation battle and then not gone out on loan. As it stands, he’s clearly being held together by some string and pritt stick 

Nah, I don't see it tbh. He was never that good for us outside of a few games where he was just about palatable. Never had the legs before his injuries to be effective in a Howe setup imo.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nah, I don't see it tbh. He was never that good for us outside of a few games where he was just about palatable. Never had the legs before his injuries to be effective in a Howe setup imo.

Fair play, I always really liked him, not as an elite talent but someone who was a committed player when he wasn’t getting in his lying-on-the-grass breaks each game. His game had zero frills but I think he would have followed what Howe wanted him to do to the letter and worked extremely hard in training 

Just now, gbandit said:

Fair play, I always really liked him, not as an elite talent but someone who was a committed player when he wasn’t getting in his lying-on-the-grass breaks each game. His game had zero frills but I think he would have followed what Howe wanted him to do to the letter and worked extremely hard in training 

I think he was almost perfect in Rafa's Championship setup, which was obviously full of no-frills types. Hope he isn't perma-crocked and gets his move.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think if his body wasn’t a wreckage Howe would have found a way of reintegrating him into the side and he’d have been a really reliable option for us 

Reliable as in shit?

He wasn't technically brilliant, but at least he was one of the few midfielders we had who could actually move from one section of the pitch to the other at above 10mph. At that point where we were either fighting relegation or trying to win our way back into the Premier he was good enough.

1 minute ago, PCW1983 said:

Didn’t he want to be closer to London a couple of years back. 

He didn't have a horrendous injury record then, would probably have seen more London clubs pitching in for his signature back then. I suppose if he really wanted to be  closer to London he could just retire.