Tournament Highlight

Tiresias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No matter how bad the tournament had been, I always feel terrible after watching the ending montage and hearing the familiar music associated to the tournament for the last time. So sad.  :(

No matter how bad the tournament had been, I always feel terrible after watching the ending montage and hearing the familiar music associated to the tournament for the last time. So sad.  :(

I'm usually like this, I go into depression mode for real. This time I'm glad it's over. For the first time I've been longing for a Euro or World Cup to just end. It's been such a shitty tournament and worst part is I don't think the coming ones are going to be better. Here's to hoping the Euro in 2024 can bring something positive.

No reason why Russia won't be good like in terms of football anyway. Perfect climate

Yeah I was of this opinion until I saw that they've priced away the normal supporter. Those ticket prices are absolutely insane.

No reason why Russia won't be good like in terms of football anyway. Perfect climate

Games full of neutrals and/or with no proper atmosphere like 2010 where it was just vuluzelas are always a weird watch regardless of the football I find. Be interesting to see how many travel over given prices/hassle/etc.

It'll be pretty hot still too.

Yeah I was of this opinion until I saw that they've priced away the normal supporter. Those ticket prices are absolutely insane.

Didn't know about the high ticket prices. Would've thought the ticket prices would be standardised by FIFA for all World Cups

Didn't know about the high ticket prices. Would've thought the ticket prices would be standardised by FIFA for all World Cups

Nah, They're cheap for locals (rightly enough) but iirc £80 was the cheapest for forrins. Up a fair bit on the last couple and massively compared to the Euros.

Nah, They're cheap for locals (rightly enough) but iirc £80 was the cheapest for forrins. Up a fair bit on the last couple and massively compared to the Euros.

:thup:

"Ronaldo's Moth

Zaza's Pen

Robson-Kanu's Cruyff Turn

When there were no games on

Andy Murray winning Wimbledon

Iceland beating England"

That's your selection? We're meant to pick a highlight from one decent goal, a missed pen with an embarrassing run-up, a decent Iceland performance against a 'better' team who didn't turn-up, a creepy insect attracting a moth, no footy, and  Andy tossing Murray? From 50+ games of football and all that went with. Really?

"Ronaldo's Moth

Zaza's Pen

Robson-Kanu's Cruyff Turn

When there were no games on

Andy Murray winning Wimbledon

Iceland beating England"

That's your selection? We're meant to pick a highlight from one decent goal, a missed pen with an embarrassing run-up, a decent Iceland performance against a 'better' team who didn't turn-up, a creepy insect attracting a moth, no footy, and  Andy tossing Murray? From 50+ games of football and all that went with. Really?

Yes.

Payet's goal in the opener

Albanians ganning mental

Norn Iron ganning mental

Wales ganning mental

Gabor Kiraly

Iceland

Rakitic taking the piss out of Spain

Shaqiri's wondergoal

The return of traditional Italy. Impeccable defence, swift attacking and purely gash pens.

The atmosphere at the Veledrome in the SF

A relative nobody winning it for an outside against the hosts

While loads more teams being there made it more of a spectacle in the stands it has to go back to 16 teams please. Too much playing for draws in the groups and teams being at an unfair advantage plus nee cunt going home.

It's quite clearly the Shaqiri goal. Insane technique

Fantastic goal, but it's when thinking back to this tournament I'm not going to think of a goal. I'm going to think of Iceland, Wales and the shit football offered and played by 24 teams.

Payet's goal in the opener

Albanians ganning mental

Norn Iron ganning mental

Wales ganning mental

Gabor Kiraly

Iceland

Rakitic taking the piss out of Spain

Shaqiri's wondergoal

The return of traditional Italy. Impeccable defence, swift attacking and purely gash pens.

The atmosphere at the Veledrome in the SF

A relative nobody winning it for an outside against the hosts

While loads more teams being there made it more of a spectacle in the stands it has to go back to 16 teams please. Too much playing for draws in the groups and teams being at an unfair advantage plus nee cunt going home.

Doesn't need to drop to 16 teams, just have the top 2 qualify from each group, with the best 4 winners getting a bye and coming in at the quarter finals.  That means no more third place teams going through, and also gives teams an incentive to get three wins.