Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Most Hull forums said he was inconsistent but when he was on his game he was a cut above. Think only the a Brighton game he's looked close to being a cut above

He's had his moments in every game like, he's just inconsistent. Hence him playing in the Championship.

He hasn't had any meaningful moments for what feels like a good while now tbf. Rafa needs to give him a slap or drop him.

Lazy comparison I know, but looked very Sissoko tonight. No fight.

Just to add to the lazy comparison theme.  I thought in the last two games, he has looked like the worst parts of Shola and Sissoko combined. 

Seems to have a decent amount of skill.  But his feet seem too slow to make it work and he loses the ball on a regular basis.  Shola. 

He runs into blind alleys and tries to bundle the ball past players.  Sissoko. 

I was only watching on that live crowd feed, that got taken down towards the end of the game.  So a bit hard to judge too much last night.  But he doesn't appear to be getting any better and seems to almost always make the wrong decision.  Takes an age to do anything and always wants an extra touch or three.

I still see him as an asset, he does provide some quality through balls at times and can make things happen. Probably needs to be left out of the odd game until he buys into the philosophy of running for 90 mins. Not sure if he's lazy or just has a laid back style.

My biggest complaint was against Villa - after putting decent pressure on the centre-half to the extent that Gayle was able to nip in and take the ball, he just stood and watched the 1 on 1. I was expecting a Rafa-drilled player to bust a gut to get alongside. Even if he were a yard or two back his presence would have made Gayle's job easier in that the keeper couldn't force Gayle wide whilst also covering off the square ball for a tap in.

In the end Gayle hit Gollini but I thought it was just lazy from Diame. Am happy to give a player time to settle, but was disappointed in that. Suspect Rafa will rotate him out at the weekend, or soon if he doesn't improve. It's not like we don't have options.

My biggest complaint was against Villa - after putting decent pressure on the centre-half to the extent that Gayle was able to nip in and take the ball, he just stood and watched the 1 on 1. I was expecting a Rafa-drilled player to bust a gut to get alongside. Even if he were a yard or two back his presence would have made Gayle's job easier in that the keeper couldn't force Gayle wide whilst also covering off the square ball for a tap in.

In the end Gayle hit Gollini but I thought it was just lazy from Diame. Am happy to give a player time to settle, but was disappointed in that. Suspect Rafa will rotate him out at the weekend, or soon if he doesn't improve. It's not like we don't have options.

Maybe Rafa thought he could improve those aspects of his game, he's done that with quite a few others. It depends if Diame is capable of learning, if not Rafa will peddle him in the summer. He probably will anyway, a lot of the signings have clearly been bought with the championship in mind.

From what I've seen he is generally inconsistent and would frustrate as much as he amazes. Also, he has and can play deeper, MC not DM, too but hasn't exactly shown a propensity for it this season.

Guest firetotheworks

He does the bundling through players thing that Sissoko does and they have a similar style. It's nowt to do with race ffs, no one's saying he's similar to every other black player that's tenuously similar are they?

He does the bundling through players thing that Sissoko does and they have a similar style. It's nowt to do with race ffs, no one's saying he's similar to every other black player that's tenuously similar are they?

And it's the player that he came in to replace he's black.

He's nowt like Sissoko.  Who to his credit is always involved in the game.

But big, black and African I guess.  Always grounds for a comparison.

Whey, you'd expect the 2 to go hand in hand, like.

5 million white South Africans say hello :p

Whatever you think about his similarities to Sissoko, the fact is he was brought in to replace the man. I know Sissoko was still here when we purchased Diame, but it was clear Sissoko would go and Diame was seen as the replacement. Therefore you have to compare the two and to be frank from what I've seen of Diame, he's not fit to tie Sissoko's laces or Gini's for that matter. It's leaving a hole in our team right now, the simple solution is to go with two up top.