Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He reminds me of Rob Earnshaw, what with them both being black.

This made me Google Earnshaw and you forget how incredibly ugly he was when he first came on the scene.

Did he grow into his looks once he'd settled in then?

Guest firetotheworks

If there was a white person comparison to be made I'd compare him with Alan Barnes - ability and mentality-wise.

Diame has 1 assist this season. Alan Barnes would have taken a shot, missed, and still celebrated.

He's nowt like Sissoko.  Who to his credit is always involved in the game.

But big, black and African I guess.  Always grounds for a comparison.

Whey, you'd expect the 2 to go hand in hand, like.

5 million white South Africans say hello :p

Over a million Indian Africans have resided in Africa for centuries as well :lol: Not to mention the Arab tinged northern states. Sho'time has had a sho'cker.

Whatever you think about his similarities to Sissoko, the fact is he was brought in to replace the man. I know Sissoko was still here when we purchased Diame, but it was clear Sissoko would go and Diame was seen as the replacement. Therefore you have to compare the two and to be frank from what I've seen of Diame, he's not fit to tie Sissoko's laces or Gini's for that matter. It's leaving a hole in our team right now, the simple solution is to go with two up top.

Did Sissoko play behind the striker for  Rafa?

Whatever you think about his similarities to Sissoko, the fact is he was brought in to replace the man. I know Sissoko was still here when we purchased Diame, but it was clear Sissoko would go and Diame was seen as the replacement. Therefore you have to compare the two and to be frank from what I've seen of Diame, he's not fit to tie Sissoko's laces or Gini's for that matter. It's leaving a hole in our team right now, the simple solution is to go with two up top.

Did Sissoko play behind the striker for  Rafa?

Yes

I can see why Rafa likes him, he tries to open up defences, either with a bit of skill or an incisive pass. It doesn't always come off, but those moments are the ones which can win matches. Looks like he'll score a few as well, probably should have had two or three already this season.

He's been really poor by all accounts prior to today, and didn't have a good first half, but his track record suggests he can definitely play. That ball through for Atsu early in the second half clearly geed him up a bit; reminded him that he can actually do stuff. Not gonna write him off yet, will probably turn out to be pretty useful in the long run.

Guest palnese

He's going to be ace when it finally clicks for him. Think he's been fairly unlucky so far. Can see why people would want him out of the team,but I'm confident he'll turn his form around. Would ideally like to see him in a deeper role. Don't think #10 is his best position.

Guest firetotheworks

He's been really poor by all accounts prior to today, and didn't have a good first half, but his track record suggests he can definitely play. That ball through for Atsu early in the second half clearly geed him up a bit; reminded him that he can actually do stuff. Not gonna write him off yet, will probably turn out to be pretty useful in the long run.

He really hasn't been really poor like, people are being hysterical as usual. He had a match where he missed a couple of easy sitters and another where he lost the ball a few times, but overall he's obviously a very useful player and I think we've already seen that in a Newcastle shirt.

He really hasn't been really poor like, people are being hysterical as usual. He had a match where he missed a couple of easy sitters and another where he lost the ball a few times, but overall he's obviously a very useful player and I think we've already seen that in a Newcastle shirt.

He has mind, painfully bad.

This forum would be going crazy if it was Sissoko giving these performances.

I'm only going off what I saw from the Villa game, people's comments in the Norwich game and today's first half. I saw him at Brighton and thought he looked a cut above, and he was very useful this afternoon today.

Mixed start, I suppose. Still think we'll see more good/average from him than bad over the course of the season. He could do with getting off the mark; was unlucky with that chance this afternoon cos he found himself in a good position.

I can see why Rafa likes him, he tries to open up defences, either with a bit of skill or an incisive pass. It doesn't always come off, but those moments are the ones which can win matches. Looks like he'll score a few as well, probably should have had two or three already this season.

tries to open up defences  :lol: