Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Guest neesy111

I'm sorry, he might have been slightly less awful today but he's absolute shit.

This strikes me as just outright hatred as opposed to rational perspective of today's performance

See same for Joselu.

I think Rafa could turn this lad into a very effective defensive midfielder so long as he just sticks to the basics , wins the ball and gives it to a more skillful player

He’s definitely not s***. He has his flaws but he’s intelligent and a physical presence in midfield.

Intelligent? That's probably the last attribute he has.

He is a physical presence mind.

Good performance, he's really good at getting his foot in and head on it and winning possession, sometimes when it doesn't look like he has a chance. Shame his knack for scoring 30 yard screamers has dried up tho.

Soil myself when he receives a pass in the middle of the pitch and he lets the ball roll across his body, allowing opponents to press him really quickly but I thought he was decent yesterday just like the Stoke game

Guest Howaythetoon

He's basically looking like our Mohamed Sissoko in his now more defensive role. He wasn't bad yesterday, but gave away lots of silly fouls and lots of sloppy passes. Bear n mind in the first half Swansea basically conceded possession and territory to us. Against a better side the thought of Diame in there is cringe!

Its a crime that he start's and Merino is on the bench.

Not if he is performing better than him.

Also, I think that is somewhat down to nursing Merino in, instead of just dropping him in the deep end like the club did with Mitro and Perez.

This strikes me as just outright hatred as opposed to rational perspective of today's performance

:thup:

Hatred FFS. He's just not very good.

He isn't very good. I agree. But to say he was simply "less awful" yesterday is just a bit daft to be honest. He clearly had a half decent game and was equally as productive as any of our other midfielders.

He isn't very good. I agree. But to say he was simply "less awful" yesterday is just a bit daft to be honest. He clearly had a half decent game and was equally as productive as any of our other midfielders.

I'll concede the point, fair enough. He looked competent enough first half yesterday and better than Shelvey second as well. I would rather see Merino though, simple as that.

I'll concede the point, fair enough. He looked competent enough first half yesterday and better than Shelvey second as well. I would rather see Merino though, simple as that.

I agree. Merino is our best CM. He just needs time to be bedded in and adapt.

Diame’s a bit of a scapegoat and at best a victim of some lazy stereotypes.

For someone with questionable athleticism, he’s good at reading the game - pressing at the right time, interceptions, tracking runners etc.  Probably the best at it right now.  He’s liable to give it away but he’s more adventurous with his ideas than a Hayden for example and he doesn’t tend to hide. 

Agree with that as well, I'd probably argue with Rafa (!) that Merino should be getting games against the likes of Swansea now to help him get used to it. Fair enough don't expose him to the horrors of Citeh away etc.

Agree with that as well, I'd probably argue with Rafa (!) that Merino should be getting games against the likes of Swansea now to help him get used to it. Fair enough don't expose him to the horrors of Citeh away etc.

Fair point. His quality might have been the difference yesterday. Collectively, I find it frustrating that our CMs are almost always on top of our CBs like. There was a 50 yard gap between MF and up front yesterday at almost all times.