Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Have to say I'm shocked at his recent run of form, didn't think he had it in him but pleased to admit I'm wrong. However it does coincide with Rafa actually playing him in his more natural midfield role rather than a number 10 which he clearly was never suited to.

Have to say I'm shocked at his recent run of form, didn't think he had it in him but pleased to admit I'm wrong. However it does coincide with Rafa actually playing him in his more natural midfield role rather than a number 10 which he clearly was never suited to.

Aye.  I rated him when he was at Wigan and West Ham.  His bursts from a deep midfield role were really effective so i was surprised to see him used behind the striker last season.

That's because he's absolutely enforcing the midfield and popping up everywhere. If he can only do that for say 60-70 minutes, we're immensely improved for that time and we need all the help we can get. Another cracking performance by him, although after losing the ball twice (that failed backheel to Shelvey which sent them on the counter, and that pass to Dummett which went behind him) his head seemed to drop a bit. Really hope that doesn't impact him going into the next game - it shouldn't - but we support Newcastle United so I wouldn't be surprised.