Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

He's better than any defender Villa have got by the looks of it though. Mugged them off.

He's probably been our best defender too when selected 

I think we've got a very good collection of centre backs for the first time I can remember in years considering the level we are playing at. The two who have started the last couple of games are outstanding in the air, and decent on the ball. I haven't seen much of Hanley but he hasn't done much wrong when he's played, and Mbemba has been class at times.

I think we've got a very good collection of centre backs for the first time I can remember in years considering the level we are playing at. The two who have started the last couple of games are outstanding in the air, and decent on the ball. I haven't seen much of Hanley but he hasn't done much wrong when he's played, and Mbemba has been class at times.

It makes a nice change to have options there rather than 2 fit centre backs and then no one as has been the case for the last 2 or 3 years.

Plus we've had shite centre halves for years now up until this season.

• 2 weeks later...

The whinging in this thread looking a bit stupid now. That penalty aside, he's been excellent.

Aye. It's almost as if Rafa Benitez is a better judge of a player than some of the lads on here.

You'd think he knew his football or summit wouldn't ya?