Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Don't even know if he'd be first choice at Villa this season with them signing Elphick to play with Okore, Richards and Lescott if he's still there

Hope those two play because they're absolutely atrocious  :lol:

I have seen him play a fair few times and I'm  not convinced by him. He reminds me of Titus....he could play brilliant for 85minutes and then he would do something daft. Also know alot of my villa mates were not happy when he was picked in the side last season which can't be a good sign.it could be different coming into a side challenging at the top rather than playing in a relegation battle every season. If he's 3rd of 4th choice than fine but I would be worried if mbemba is off and he's the replacement.

Gamez was absolutely terrible on Saturday [emoji38]

I still haven't seen him play, as he was banned (!) for Southend.

I'm sure he's not terrible all the time as everyone says he was solid for Atletico but he was shocking against Vitesse [emoji38]

This probably means that Dummett will be regarded as a left back from here now on. I'm not a big fan of that.

It looks like Rafa has faith in young Sterry at left back and will use Dummet and Clark as cover

Not really, Sterry has been at right back and to my knowledge not played left back once in pre season. Its been Anita or Jesus at left back if Dummet wasn't available. Rafa does seem to like Sterry but it looks like as Janmaats cover. Be nice to see the lad play quite a bit this season, hopefully.

I have absolute faith in Rafa. If he's seen something in Ciaran Clark that he likes and feels he can work with then that's good enough for me.

Old habits die hard. Our previous management was incapable of improving players so a signing like this would have gone down like a shit sandwich and rightly so.

This is a new era under a guy who knows how to coach and has the ability to turn a rough diamond into something worthwhile. Nothing to worry about here chaps.

Don't know much about him but you would think he should be fine as cover in the Championship.  If we were in the PL and he was our main CB signing then that would be a time to fret, not in these circumstances.

This and the Hanley signing are to push players to compete for the name to be called on match days, I'm gutted that it means Lascelles and Mbemba may not be the preferred choice. Bigger picture is,if Lascelles and Mbemba had no competition for places we would potentially have lads not caring. Also if we lost two CBs to injury at least we have good cover, I like Lascelles and Mbemba, but whoever concede the least and work hard for the team, I'll like just the same.

We seem to have enough competition in midfield and defensive now, I would hope we get the same up top sorted, we even have enough competition in goalies.

Never known a squad this big.

I have absolute faith in Rafa. If he's seen something in Ciaran Clark that he likes and feels he can work with then that's good enough for me.

Old habits die hard. Our previous management was incapable of improving players so a signing like this would have gone down like a shit sandwich and rightly so.

This is a new era under a guy who knows how to coach and has the ability to turn a rough diamond into something worthwhile. Nothing to worry about here chaps.

I also have faith in Rafa but he has in the past made mistakes in transfers, but show me a manager who hasn't....also.

Djimi traore has a Champions League winners medal  :lol: Rafa knows what he's doing.

If Lascelles and Mbemba are as talented as many (myself included) believe they are then over the course of the season they ought to rise to the top. Squad competition can be a good thing for young players in terms of ensuring commitment and ongoing development. The caveat is that they get sufficient game time. It's a long season and we should be looking to go deep into cups.