Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

I'd never dream of going to magalluf once I got past 21 let alone if I had their kind of money. WTF possesses a guy who has the cash to globally travel to go to Majorca..ffs

BCM

Guest neesy111

I'd never dream of going to magalluf once I got past 21 let alone if I had their kind of money. WTF possesses a guy who has the cash to globally travel to go to Majorca..ffs

BCM

It's awful in there. 

Because his mates don't have the money to go to places he can afford to, maybe  ?

To be fair, he probably has mates that aren't absolutely minted that he might have wanted to go away with.

These out of touch footballers having the audacity to go on holiday with their mates, outrageous.

To be fair, he probably has mates that aren't absolutely minted that he might have wanted to go away with.

These out of touch footballers having the audacity to go on holiday with their mates, outrageous.

Surely he can afford to take them somewhere nicer and classier and still just as fun though?

Surely he can afford to take them somewhere nicer and classier and still just as fun though?

Then people would say he was a daft lad with more money than sense being taken for a mug and throwing his cash around on hangers on.  See Sterling, the papers have a go at him for being cheap and buying batteries in Poundland/flying easyJet, and then the next day they're calling him a flash cunt for buying an expensive sink for his mam. 

Plus where do you draw the line? If its for a mate's birthday and you get invited to Magaluf, do you go "Nah, I'll pay for everyone to go somewhere else" including shelling out for flights and spending money for mates of mates who've been invited but who you don't know? Then you're invited away to everyone's birthday and look tight if you don't go and pay for everyone. And you're always the arbiter of "Oh, can my brother in law come?" Sounds like it'd just cause rows and the kind of daft behaviour that ends up with you skint by 40, especially if your top flight career is over by 20-odd.

Guest chopey

If my mates wanted to go to BCM at 30 years of age I'd immediately get new mates.

Exactly anyone that pays to go to magalluf or Benidorm after the age of 21 needs their heads looked at

TBF Benidorm is for the older crowd

Guest NobbyOhNobby

:lol: All the money in the world and still getting knocked out in maggers

Exactly, what the fuck's he doing in Magaluf...if he's not on a stag do he wants shooting. He could have been taking in a Roman Fort or a Victorian Folly - he's wasting his life

Does he like Owls?

He spends a lot of his time at Longstanton Spice Museum

Plus where do you draw the line? If its for a mate's birthday and you get invited to Magaluf, do you go "Nah, I'll pay for everyone to go somewhere else" including shelling out for flights and spending money for mates of mates who've been invited but who you don't know? Then you're invited away to everyone's birthday and look tight if you don't go and pay for everyone. And you're always the arbiter of "Oh, can my brother in law come?" Sounds like it'd just cause rows and the kind of daft behaviour that ends up with you skint by 40, especially if your top flight career is over by 20-odd.

I know what my line would be - one holiday a year (your holiday) invite who you want plus stag dos if you are a groomsman or family member.

If a mate invites you on holiday politely decline but come up with an appropriate apology such as bringing them along to your holiday or paying for a night out.

I suppose you need to be generous to genuine friends and tight on hangers on. It’s a tough line but it is fair and achievable.

If my mates wanted to go to BCM at 30 years of age I'd immediately get new mates.

Exactly anyone that pays to go to magalluf or Benidorm after the age of 21 needs their heads looked at

TBF Benidorm is for the older crowd

Exactly

• 2 months later...

I hate seeing centre backs in the full back positions, it was like watching a hippo on the dance floor. Didn't help that Sterry was on the other flank and understandably nervous.

Thought Sterry apart from one cross looked terrible. Our fullbacks are a massive problem full stop especially in the attacking third.

The problem as always comes down to a lack of investment, our full backs are largely shite and that's because we've spent next to nowt on them.

Enrique was a decent amount of money at the time and he turned out to be class.

We would need to spend 10m+ plus to be getting a decent full back.