Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

I find it hard to be critical of Clark when we have the 10th best defence in the league, especially given the pummelling we get in terms of the opposition having the lion share of the ball and territory is almost all of our games.

He's proven himself to be a perfectly able deputy to Lascelles IMO and his errors are few and far between. Bare in mind that Lascelles went marauding up the pitch in the first half and gave the ball away which almost led to a goal.

Our centre back pairing is fine, for now. It goes without saying that it is the other end of the pitch we need to worry about.

Would love to see the stats on his long balls and headed clearances. Feels like every time he launches one recently, it's into completely the wrong area of the pitch.

Lejune likes a hoof too so it would be interesting to put them up against each other and see who gets it on target more.

Lejeune looks better on the ball and looks calmer. No idea how that translates to stats. Clark looks like he's bricking it when it's coming to him.

Think Mbemba's better than both of them on the ball, but probably is too adventurous with it for Rafa's liking.

Lejeune looks better on the ball and looks calmer. No idea how that translates to stats. Clark looks like he's bricking it when it's coming to him.

Think Mbemba's better than both of them on the ball, but probably is too adventurous with it for Rafa's liking.

He didn't always look like that though. Unfortunately he's looking more and more Williamson with every game.

He didn't always look like that though. Unfortunately he's looking more and more Williamson with every game.

Lascelles isn't good on the ball, infact Clark's always been seen as better, but he doesn't seem to panic. He seems to just play it if he's got a good option, and launch it if not. But Clark's lauching it differently. Like as hard as he can, straight away.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lejeune good footballer, suspect defender. I’d play Mbemba personally who is a good footballer and can be a good defender. Rafa just didn’t seem to trust him though!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest NobbyOhNobby

:lol: All the money in the world and still getting knocked out in maggers

Exactly, what the fuck's he doing in Magaluf...if he's not on a stag do he wants shooting. He could have been taking in a Roman Fort or a Victorian Folly - he's wasting his life

:lol: All the money in the world and still getting knocked out in maggers

Exactly, what the fuck's he doing in Magaluf...if he's not on a stag do he wants shooting. He could have been taking in a Roman Fort or a Victorian Folly - he's wasting his life

Does he like Owls?

I'd never dream of going to magalluf once I got past 21 let alone if I had their kind of money. WTF possesses a guy who has the cash to globally travel to go to Majorca..ffs

To be fair, he probably has mates that aren't absolutely minted that he might have wanted to go away with.