Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Mbemba hardly seen since Moratta pushed him to score at Chelsea. Benteke pushes Clark who reacts and tugs at his shirt. We didn't get either decision.

I think rafa would prefer a defender to do what Clark did and so would I. That said Mbemba is a better player than Clark like to see him paired with Lascelles from now till season ends. Won't happen though

Guest neesy111

Mbemba hardly seen since Moratta pushed him to score at Chelsea. Benteke pushes Clark who reacts and tugs at his shirt. We didn't get either decision.

I think rafa would prefer a defender to do what Clark did and so would I. That said Mbemba is a better player than Clark like to see him paired with Lascelles from now till season ends. Won't happen though

Only been 2 games since that game tbf.

We've got two defenders that cost more than him though that sit in the reserves/bench

Lejeune has also cost us points this season, probably more per game played than this fella.

I'd be very wary of sticking Lejeune straight back into the side as he looks like he takes a long time to get his sharpness back. His first game back earlier in the season (Southampton away) he looked like he had the turning circle of a fuel truck. He also gave away a pen at a time when it looked like we were home and hosed.

I don't think you can blame Clark for that pel, it was as soft as they come.  Even Benteke didn't think it was, he thought he'd been pulled up for fouling Clark.

The Shelvey one later, aye, that was a bit more blatant but the Clark 'foul' happens on every pitch up and down the country every game and very rarely gets punished.  It was that dickhead lino who was quite clearly thrilled that he got to do something, twat.

Looking back at that thread the general opinion was he was very good apart from the penalty. No issues other than that.

Really? His use of the ball was appalling. Mind, that goes for all the defence, so probably shouldn't single him out.

Last time I saw Lejuene play was vs Everton and he was no better than Clark in any capacity.

Personally think Clark is a competent defender but as an overall footballer he's very poor. He'll die for the cause but when the ball is at his feet he's so uncomfortable.

Last time I saw Lejuene play was vs Everton and he was no better than Clark in any capacity.

Personally think Clark is a competent defender but as an overall footballer he's very poor. He'll die for the cause but when the ball is at his feet he's so uncomfortable.

I think Lejeune reads the game a lot better, Clark seems to get caught out of position an awful lot.

I think Lejeune reads the game a lot better, Clark seems to get caught out of position an awful lot.

I think Lejeune has the makings of a really good defender but he needs a 3 month run as a starter.

He's not looked fit since Kane crocked him and it's a risk giving him that run now imho due to how slow he looked when he last came back from injury.

I'd be looking to next season for him at this stage. Just hope we're a premiership side then.