Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

I suppose you have to give Bruce some credit as he obviously prefers no nonsense defenders like Clark over the Schar types who like to bring the ball out. He played a good game on Saturday but wasn't really up against much.

I suppose you have to give Bruce some credit as he obviously prefers no nonsense defenders like Clark over the Schar types who like to bring the ball out. He played a good game on Saturday but wasn't really up against much.

Why does preferring simple defenders deserve credit?

Why does preferring simple defenders deserve credit?

Because Clark has generally performed well when he's come in so it sort of vindicates the decision. Not that I agree with it, but I think Schar needs a manager like Rafa to get the best out of him.

He was so bloody good in the Championship season I assumed the long-term partnership was going to be him and Lejeune. Clark has a clangor or two in him, but he's always a decent threat on set pieces and have always been a fan of his. Solid, reliable.

Nothing seems better than a good left footed CB who plays on the left side.

Always said I liked him before he signed for us, he's a very decent player. Similar level to Fernandez and advantage of left-footed.

Personally I like our team much better with Shar playing. But if we aren't interested in passing it, we aren't interested in passing it.

I’d play him in a back three with Schar the opposite side and one of Lascelles & Fernandez when all fit. There’s absolutely zero from CM so might as well just pick any two to sit there and let Clark and Schar bring the ball out instead.

You're using you're brain and thinking and that's not fair because Brucie can't do that