Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Great news tbh. Has never let us down.

I mean, he has basically given Arsenal two goals in our last two games against them, knocking us out of the FA Cup in the process :lol:

Still, he has been more good than bad for us.

A quiet, solid PL defender who either sees his contract out with no fuss in whatever order he ends up in or he's sold for a decent amount of money to a club around us or in the Championship. This one is actually a sensible extension IMO.

Solid back-up player, probably on low wages. If there was a possibility to upgrade CBs I'd rather upgrade on one of the 4 ahead of him as they would not likely be happy sitting out matches like he seemingly is.

Solid back-up player, probably on low wages. If there was a possibility to upgrade CBs I'd rather upgrade on one of the 4 ahead of him as they would not likely be happy sitting out matches like he seemingly is.

I wish we had 4th choice strikers and midfielder in all positions as good as he is at the back. Easy decision to sign him up for another 2 years. Don’t confuse (not you Congo, others) this smart move with the stupid decision to give the same to shelvey and Ritchie.

We wouldn't even be discussing this if our manager hadn't alienated our two best defenders though. There should be 4 centre backs ahead of him, instead he's a first team regular.

Think I'm more pissed off that it's clear we'll never take Lejeune back.

We wouldn't even be discussing this if our manager hadn't alienated our two best defenders though. There should be 4 centre backs ahead of him, instead he's a first team regular.

Think I'm more pissed off that it's clear we'll never take Lejeune back.

Unless there is a change of manager.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Which ones? We clearly should be upgrading next season but I don't think he has been a "complete liability".

Brighton, Burnley and today for a start. Three goals in 4 games he’s been directly responsible for.

7 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Burnley's goal was the whole defence/some of midfield fault. Just poor play.

Give over man, the main reason that goal occurred was due to a carthorse like Wood easily getting by Clark to put the cross in. He was also at fault earlier in the move, with a dreadful header out of defence, which give the ball back to Burnley in the first place.

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Give over man, the main reason that goal occurred was due to a carthorse like Wood easily getting by Clark to put the cross in. He was also at fault earlier in the move, with a dreadful header out of defence, which give the ball back to Burnley in the first place.

Nobody covered themselves in glory on that goal. Clark hasn't been as good this season but he's not been awful. Today was a pen, and sloppy but he was trying to be aggressive, just caught him on the arm.

Just now, samptime29 said:

Nobody covered themselves in glory on that goal. Clark hasn't been as good this season but he's not been awful. Today was a pen, and sloppy but he was trying to be aggressive, just caught him on the arm.

Totally disagree.