Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No doubt we need to improve in general this season and especially if we go up, but I'm amazed at the extent to which people seem to be overestimating the gap between the bottom half of the PL and the top half of the Championship. Think I was watching Watford vs Palace and the standard of play was abysmal. Absolutely no way we couldn't compete with those types of teams even now. And to be honest we should have beaten Hull comfortably in the cup. Rafa's got this..

Brighton have a tough run of games coming up:

Fulham (a), Preston (a), Huddersfield (a), Sheff Wed (h), Newcastle (h)

Not totally unreasonable to expect them to drop points in 2 or 3 of those games.

That said, 2nd still gets you promotion and there isn't any other teams in this league who can genuinely challenge us or Brighton so unless there is any freak collapse, still a 9.8

I fear there's far too much complacency at times. The stat that we've only won once after falling behind is also concerning. The form of Huddersfield and Reading ought not to be ignored either.

It's not that concerning. How many times have we actually been behind?

I think we'll be at our strongest in the last third of the season.

We have by far the best strength in depth and as the season wears on and players get fatigued/injured we'll still be able to put out a fresh team especially with any January acquisitions we make. We'll at the very least continue our form whilst others drop off.

I quite fancy Huddersfield, out of the chasing pack, to push ourselves and Brighton close. Have to say I am less confident of promotion than I have been at any time of the season. Not results related, more recent performance related. Disappointed at how predictable we look at times going forward and how we are huffing and puffing to break poor teams down. Still 8/10.

We definitely have more than enough to finish 2nd but Brighton have shown they're not a Norwich or Huddersfield giving us a problem short term before fucking off. I can genuinely see them pipping us to the title.

TWD - they ran out of healthy players, and had little in rotation. In short, they had a small exhausted squad. Chris has fixed this with a few signings making them a better and larger team than last year.

If I was in charge I would pay some ridiculous sum for Knockheart just to weaken them and increase our own squad's strength and depth.

At a 6 now, lowest since the start of the season. Reading and Brighton winning, Leeds on a run Huddersfiedl still hanging in there. We are not winning the playoffs if we have to go to them.

There are some serious issues to resolve in this team, yes things will improve when we get Shelvey back, but to be so reliant on one man is not a good thing.