Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beat Fulham on Saturday and I will be confident. Good point tonight after the last two results and Ritchie didn't get booked. Hopefully Gayle will start Saturday.

Are you not confident now?!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am but I just want it sealed, sick of being a bag of nerves watching the matches. :lol:

Do Brighton and Huddersfield have to play each other ?

The top six must all have to place each other before the end of the season, Shirley?

We've just played 3 of the top 4 and came out without a scratch.

Brighton have Derby at home next then Leeds away. After that they a decent run of fixtures against bottom and mid table cloggers other than Norwich away, which is their 2nd last game of the season.

Huddersfied have two away games in a row next against Brentford and Bristol. They got Norwich at home coming up, Derby away and Fulham at home.  Other than that they are playing cloggers.

This is why decimal odds are superior in every way though. Just say "1.01 with most bookies and 1.02 with Paddy Power" and it's all so much clearer.

It would also be wrong - 1.02 is 1/50.

:lol:

It just proves my point once more what a confusing clusterfuck fractional odds are.

Guest taps01

9.5.  Rafa has us so well drilled, we just never look like conceding.  We have just played three of our toughest away games on the bounce and the only goals conceded were two pens.  9/10 points from the next four games and we are home and hosed.       

yeah, i don't think we've got that many slipups available in there tbh

You say that but everyone would've backed Brighton against Forest and they got bummed.

I still think April will tough, even against the cloggers, purely due to fatigue.

Huddersfield away to Brentford next. Brentford lost once at home since November (against us) and seem to have picked up some form recently and they should have beaten Brighton a few weeks ago

Trying to be objective (ish), I have us on 100, BHA on 94 and HT finishing on 84. Here's hoping...

That's 23 points from the 30 available: 76.6%. Thus far we have 77 from 108, 71.3%. So a strong finish, but not impossible.

Maintaining the same percentage return (71.3%) would give us another 21 points, so a total of 98 points. Personally, if you take into account our slow start (lost first two) when I think we were still bedding in players and a system, plus the Forest debacle, we could easily be 7 points better off, and on this optimistic crystal ball gazing I think we'll have a stronger finish than start: 100+ points.

I can see us going the rest of the season unbeaten tbh. Looking at the fixtures theres no one in there better than us. We're also unbeaten in 11 games and I think it'll continue.

I can see us going the rest of the season unbeaten tbh. Looking at the fixtures theres no one in there better than us. We're also unbeaten in 11 games and I think it'll continue.

There's no one in the league that are better than us but we seem to save some of our worst performances for teams we're expected to beat comfortably, usually at home

Think the pressure is off us for a while. Both Brighton and Huddersfield will now focus on each other while we slowly slip further out of their grasp. This last week of result changes everything imo.

7 It's the home form that worries me sightly

If we maintain our home form we'll be on 89 points without taking another point away from home, we'll be OK without lifting our points total.

7 points from those 3 games, and we won the 2 most important. 9.5

frustrating outcome in some respects though because we're by no means clear even after 2 such big results, they just won't stay down :lol:

9 clear of huddersfield in 3rd, with an extra point for goal difference.

even if they win their game in hand thats still effectively 7 clear.

how clear do u want/expect us to be???

7 points from those 3 games, and we won the 2 most important. 9.5

frustrating outcome in some respects though because we're by no means clear even after 2 such big results, they just won't stay down :lol:

9 clear of huddersfield in 3rd, with an extra point for goal difference.

even if they win their game in hand thats still effectively 7 clear.

how clear do u want/expect us to be???

Pretty sure you don't get an extra point for goal difference