Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A bit of perspective is needed.

Huddersfield have 10 games left. Should they lose 1 of those games they then need us to slip up in 3 games of our 9 games left, even then if Brighton don't better our results then we will stay go up (unless there is a major swing in GD). You also have to consider the fact that we have lost the same amount of leagues this calendar year as Huddersfield, I can't see how they will suddenly gain those points on us.

There is honestly only 2 games left where I can see us slipping up, and should we slip up in 1 then I would still fancy us to get a win in the other game.

It is very much in our own hands. I can see both us and Huddersfield dropping points between now and the end of the season, however I think they will cancel each other out.

It's worth remembering that our final four games are: Ipswich (a), Preston (h), Cardiff (a) and Barnsley (h).

Four teams who will have absolutely nothing to play for and we've beaten all four of them already this season.

:thup: Next three are Birmingham (a), Wigan (h) and Burton (h). For me those 7 games should be 21 points and promotion.

It's worth remembering that our final four games are: Ipswich (a), Preston (h), Cardiff (a) and Barnsley (h).

Four teams who will have absolutely nothing to play for and we've beaten all four of them already this season.

One thing I've learned is not to rely on other teams form when it comes to the end of the season. If we are going up, we are going to have to earn the results whoever we play and whatever they've got to play for. It's still in our hands but we've got to take it. Huddersfield have really shit finishers but one thing I noticed about them was that they came at us for 90 mins and never let up. We have to want it like they do, it's no use having better players if you don't have the same hunger or belief.

I've come to expect games like this at home, it's been there to see all season that we've been under performing, but we've generally bounced back, which I'm pretty confident we'll do again. As long as this doesn't start becoming a habit we should be good. It may be a lot closer than we all think though, and I can definitely see Brighton pipping us to the title.

Next 3 games will decide it imo. We need 9/9: playing Brum (A), with Burton and Wigan (H). Absolutely has to be 3 wins agains those shithouses.

Leeds at home is going to be horrific, like. I think we'll scrape automatic.

Tbh, I'm looking at the games that we might slip up with a draw or lose unexpectedly rather than circling the games we should be winning. So we have:

Home:                  Away:

Wigan                    Birmingham

Burton                  Sheffield Wednesday

Leeds                    Ipswich

Preston                Cardiff

Barnsley

Honestly, can't see us winning all the games. There are games there we have to win against the tougher teams but then again, we did so against Brighton and Huddersfield and f***ed up against the likes of Bristol and to some extent Reading and Fulham.

Guest neesy111

Still at 10 for promotion. Somewhere around 8.5 for it being automatic. It's still in our hands.

If we are in the playoffs I won't bother following to save me from the misery. It's top 2 or bust.

Aye, I don't trust us 1% for the play-offs.

Still at 10 for promotion. Somewhere around 8.5 for it being automatic. It's still in our hands.

If we are in the playoffs I won't bother following to save me from the misery. It's top 2 or bust.

i agree, we will bottle it, its in our culture, its how we go.

still in our hands man , relax, yesterday was a right wake up call to them, lets roar the bastards up  O0

Aye, I don't trust us 1% for the play-offs.

If it is the playoffs it will no doubt be some kind of cruel and catastrophic defeat. It's what we do. Not thinking about that yet - still in our hands but we need to go on a run now.

So if we go into playoffs you are at a 10?

Good luck with that

You beat me to it..!!

If we don't go up automatically the negativity would be unbearable in the home leg of play off. No chance of going up if we're caught. By the way it's about 120/1 for the worst scenario of us staying down and them (safc) staying up.

If we don't go up automatically the negativity would be unbearable in the home leg of play off. No chance of going up if we're caught. By the way it's about 120/1 for the worst scenario of us staying down and them (safc) staying up.

that would temper the disappointment mind  :naughty:

I think if we somehow stumbled into 3rd place and Fulham get 6th spot they'd probably do us over 2 legs. Fortunately we'll get another 5 wins from the games left which would put us on 92 points, surely that would be enough.

That'd leave Huddersfield needing 7 wins plus a draw or another win to go ahead of us. Not impossible for them but they need to be at 100% for the rest of the season because we'll win 5 games easily. Not to mention the fact that Huddersfield could catch Brighton first.

Still a 10 for me. We've just got too many points on the board now and will comfortably finish over 90. I think we'll be on 86 after the next 3 games with 6 still to play.

I think if we somehow stumbled into 3rd place and Fulham get 6th spot they'd probably do us over 2 legs. Fortunately we'll get another 5 wins from the games left which would put us on 92 points, surely that would be enough.

That'd leave Huddersfield needing 7 wins plus a draw or another win to go ahead of us. Not impossible for them but they need to be at 100% for the rest of the season because we'll win 5 games easily. Not to mention the fact that Huddersfield could catch Brighton first.

Still a 10 for me. We've just got too many points on the board now and will comfortably finish over 90. I think we'll be on 86 after the next 3 games with 6 still to play.

This.

Guest neesy111

Isn't your run-in fairly easy? Genuine question.

That's the issue, we've slipped up against easy teams.