Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's a pattern emerging, dont win 2 games at the start of the season, go on a winning run, don't win in 2 games (Wolves and Villa) go on a winning run, don't win in 2 games (Blackburn and Forest)......

I'm not convinced Reading can keep up their recent form, they've played some pretty average opposition recently

I dunno, I think they are the real deal personally, don't think there is anything lucky about their position at the moment. I think Brighton are more likely to drop off than them, Brighton have been remarkably consistent throughout the season, they haven't had a bad patch at any stage, the law of averages says they've got to stumble at some point.

Don't know how you know Reading are "the real deal" like, albeit they are on a good run of form.  A lot of the teams who were expected to challenge have been massively inconsistent such as Norwich, Derby, Sheff Wed and even Villa who were expected to be right up there. 2 points a game gets you up and we are on course, loads of games left and we will pick up again

We are still very much the best team in the league but I sense it won't be the cakewalk we expected after the Leeds win.

I think it will like. There is going to be the odd blip but we will end up winning far more than anyone else.

I'm sorry but the Reading result? The fucking Reading result that Reading got? Give me a break.

??? How isn't it relevant? They're supposed to be one of the rivals for promotion and they got absolutely battered. I felt 'better' for seeing that result come in as well (not that I ever thought our promotion hopes were in jeopardy).

Sure how could you not be happy looking at the results and seeing lots of near rivals drop points.

Thanks to Saturday's results virtually nothing's changed for us since the Blackburn defeat. Still top, still 6 points ahead of 3rd place.

It could be a lot worst if Reading closed the gap to 3 points we'd be starting to sweat a little especially if we knew they were capable of winning a tough away game like that. But they got thrashed :D

A win against the brum would be huge and then surely we have enough to beat Burton and Wigan even without our best midfielder. Fingers crossed.

9 for me.  We're gonna have blips like this now and again but there's not enough quality in this league to catch us, especially if we strengthen further in January.

Really hope it's us and Brighton first and second.  Going up with Chris Hughton would be nice.

I'm sorry but the Reading result? The f***ing Reading result that Reading got? Give me a break.

??? How isn't it relevant? They're supposed to be one of the rivals for promotion and they got absolutely battered. I felt 'better' for seeing that result come in as well (not that I ever thought our promotion hopes were in jeopardy).

I don't take too much from other teams results or form. It's a crazy league where lots of strange results happen. Look at the teams who are 3rd and 4th getting hammered 3 and 5 nil yesterday. It's just having less dodgy results than the rest. Still a long way to go to and it's likely a couple of the teams up there will drop off and a couple from lower down will end up right up there

Reading won't have any affect on our season, whatsoever. This league and the teams in it are s***.

Can't argue with this tbh :thup: I do however want us to build a gap as big as possible, as early as possible from all the other teams. If only to make me feel some sort of satisfaction. And I guess many others on here feel the same and that it's not about being "worried" about other teams.

Reading won't have any affect on our season, whatsoever. This league and the teams in it are s***.

Can't argue with this tbh :thup: I do however want us to build a gap as big as possible, as early as possible from all the other teams. If only to make me feel some sort of satisfaction. And I guess many others on here feel the same and that it's not about being "worried" about other teams.

:thup: we have a point to prove and mouths to shut and daylight at the top will do that. We should and will build it sooner rather than later. Teams in the chasing pack losing just help solidify our position earlier.

Agreed. Every team we've played this season has been poor, and when we have lost we've beaten ourselves; or the referee has. Even Brighton didn't seem owt special in August.