Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We had 69 points after 33 matches in the '09-'10 season. Obviously having the same haul this season feels very different.

Not least because the squad will essentially be weaker in this half of the season, in contrast to 09-10.

Look, we aren't playing well, I think that's unanimous but I think we are underestimating our rivals ability to drop points too.

I think we will get promoted but we've missed several opportunities to make it comfortable.

Look, we aren't playing well, I think that's unanimous but I think we are underestimating our rivals ability to drop points too.

I think we will get promoted but we've missed several opportunities to make it comfortable.

Yep - totally agree.  Apparently Huddersfield were going to win every game - they have just drawn.  5 games ago Brighton were going to win every game and they started wobbling.

W5 D3 L0 in 8 isn't bad form, but two absolutely s*** results at home to QPR and Bristol make the next three a lot more squeaky-bum than they needed to be.

We'll lose at least one of them

As long as it is not the Huddersfield game.

Still reasonably confident with an effective 6 point cushion to 3rd but with the January window gone, we need a lot of new faces in the summer and it'll be a lottery as to whether they can gel and hit the ground running next season. No point going up with this team/squad tbh.

Obvious statement is obvious but we should have bought in January. If we don't go up we can immediately look to that month as being the main reason for why we didn't see it through. The squad isn't good enough to be top of the league without making massively hard work of it; the main problem being we don't have the talent to dominate games at home. They're also mentally fragile.

No point going up with this team/squad tbh.

There really isn't. We'd go down with less than 30 points with this heap of guff.

Why do you keep saying this? It's an absolutely pointless statement. We'd obviously make signings.

Not sure why anyone's bothered at all about Brighton at this stage. Obviously I want to win the league but going up is all that matters. They're a better team than us, and understandably so.

We need to stay ahead of Huddersfield.

There really isn't. We'd go down with less than 30 points with this heap of guff.

Why do you keep saying this? It's an absolutely pointless statement. We'd obviously make signings.

We should've obviously made signings last month. I've zero confidence in this club to overhaul the squad in ten windows, let alone one.

Guest neesy111

Like we made in January. :whistle:

Not sure why anyone's bothered at all about Brighton at this stage. Obviously I want to win the league but going up is all that matters. They're a better team than us, and understandably so.

Presumably as there is a possibility Huddersfield will overtake Brighton. I agree that first or second doesn't make a jot of difference FWIW.

Guest firetotheworks

It's arguably the entire first team squad minus Shelvey that needs overhauled like. Even the likes of Richie, Yedlin, and Gayle might not make the cut in an ideal scenario, should we go up. I think they're the 4, along with probably Anita who are likely to remain if we're successful. The rest just aren't anywhere near good enough, but I think we all know that at this point. 

Guest neesy111

Presumably as there is a possibility Huddersfield will overtake Brighton. I agree that first or second doesn't make a jot of difference FWIW.

Brighton aren't in great form tbh.  It'll be tight between the 3 of us till the final game.

We should've obviously made signings last month. I've zero confidence in this club to overhaul the squad in ten windows, let alone one.

It doesn't need an overhaul though and even if it did, it wouldn't be realistic to expect we'd form a brilliant side. The squad needs significant, intelligent investment in all three areas of the field - but that doesn't mean eleven signings.

I agree about January obviously.