Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Results like tonight will hopefully start to get to Huddersfield and Reading like. No matter what they do to try and stay in touch with us, we keep that sort of gap where they need to string a couple of wins on the spin with us losing back to back games just to stay in it.

I don't see this at all.  Huddersfield are playing well at the moment, if they keep doing that then they will keep on winning.

Reading are effectively 10 points back having played the same games, it's only Huddersfield that could spoil the party for us or Brighton now IMO.

Aye completely agree, don't think it will happen either. They have had a great season regardless, wouldn't be against seeing them come up through the playoffs.

I do wonder how many games we played well in last time round.  I reckon there are probably quite a few shite matches that get glossed over by the passage of time.

We were convincing in basically every single game from this point onwards, after the January signings freshened things up.

I do wonder how many games we played well in last time round.  I reckon there are probably quite a few shite matches that get glossed over by the passage of time.

There were loads. Key thing though is that we really got into our stride in the final third of the season, playing better and boosted by the new signings. Unbeaten in the last 16 matches, winning 13 and scoring loads of goals. That's what everyone remembers most.

I do wonder how many games we played well in last time round.  I reckon there are probably quite a few s**** matches that get glossed over by the passage of time.

I seem to recall lots of close wins, late scoring 1-0s to be honest. Pancrate vs Watford for that 1-0 was the epitomy of that season for me. Lots of clogg and a moment of class, reminds of this season mostly.

I do wonder how many games we played well in last time round.  I reckon there are probably quite a few s**** matches that get glossed over by the passage of time.

I seem to recall lots of close wins, late scoring 1-0s to be honest. Pancrate vs Watford for that 1-0 was the epitomy of that season for me. Lots of clogg and a moment of class, reminds of this season mostly.

Our goal difference was +55. :lol:

You're remembering it poorly. We blew everyone away. Even in the first half of the season, which was less convincing than the second, just about every other win was by a couple of goals.

There were loads. Key thing though is that we really got into our stride in the final third of the season, playing better and boosted by the new signings. Unbeaten in the last 16 matches, winning 13 and scoring loads of goals. That's what everyone remembers most.

Yeah. Could happen again I suppose, you could see tonight the difference a little bit of confidence does to a team. The question mark is probably over the strikers with Gayle limping off. Last time round we had Carroll on fire, and even Lovenkrands and Shola were too much for the championship defences.

You're remembering it poorly. We blew everyone away. Even in the first half of the season, which was less convincing than the second, just about every other win was by a couple of goals.

TBF our goal difference is massive now. Could easily end up similar to that.

Yeah I think I'm remembering (unfortuantely) the first half of the season a lot more, it seemed far from a certainty we'd go up. Then Carroll and Nolan seemed to click into gear and there was no way we'd not go up. I kinda switched off from that point and slunk into happy complacency :lol:

Aye it was never in doubt. Routledge down one side, Jonas/Enrique down the other; Colo, Nolan and Carroll down the spine - plus Lovenkrands who was a decent finisher. Smashed it.

Nolan was right this evening, like; that side was loads better - even in spite of the statistics. More balance, more threat, and imo more mental strength.

Hopped over to Wiki to re-educate myself -

http://i66.tinypic.com/2m49dn5.png

Can't argue with the results, especially second half of the season there. No idea why all the 1-0s and 2-1s imprinted on me so much. Born masochist.

Aye it was never in doubt. Routledge down one side, Jonas/Enrique down the other; Colo, Nolan and Carroll down the spine - plus Lovenkrands who was a decent finisher. Smashed it.

Nolan was right this evening, like; that side was loads better - even in spite of the statistics. More balance, more threat, and imo more mental strength.

I think that can be borne out by how well basically the same side did the following season in the premier.