Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

We should have scored at least two, as well as two stonewall penalties.

While disappointing, it's not the end of the world. If anything it'll speed up some new signings imo.

Never ever picked Colback ever again.

Ritchie and...? Don't remember a second glorious opening. Might just be age catching up with me.

Aarons miss hit a good chance.

That's the one, 6 yards out and his misskicks it. Only needed a bit of composure.

Fulham had 2 as good a chances as that Aarons chance like

I was talking about our chances tbh, Ritchie or Aarons score (the two pens as well) and i don't think their chances happen as we would be well on top with equaliser changing the game.

Disappointing as fuck like, well done on Lascelles coming out too, Colo would have been the ultimate coward and hid in the changing room.

didn't think we'd go unbeaten all season but really deflating given the pre-season optimism etc.  Hopefully Rafa has learned a lot from watching that and will address the issues accordingly. 

Initial ramblings.....

Colback shouldn't be near the squad at all.

Dummett should be back up left back at best

Ritchie was good.  Can see him tearing this league up.

Gayle/mitro up top could be potent

Perez was extremely disappointing...thought he'd shine like a diamond at this level

Anita was shite first half but much improved in the second....still not sure about his suitability for English 2nd tier

Hanley - looked unfit...well hoping it was just a lack of fitness/nerves because at times I thought Saylor was still playing for us

Hayden looked bright but faded as game went on

Sels - not sure of.... need convincing he's going to be our no.1

Janmatt - though he was poor first half but turned up in the second.

Captain - thought he had a poor game...dunno if the captaincy got to him but quite a few FFS moments.  Think he'll come good.

Slow as FUCK generally all round.  Lack of creativity and someone talking responsibility on the ball from the defence coming out. 

Still think we'll be in the mix for promotion but it won't be a walk in the park.  2/3 additions in the right places and Rafa getting to know his best 11 and we'll be fine.

Bad idea to play negative, I guess it was just opening day nervousness from the gaffer that brought it about. We needed a hefty striker up front, someone with my presence, not sure why we bothered with Colback either. Hopefully it gives our lads a kick up the arse and brings them down to earth too, looks like they've got caught up in the hype about us walking the league too. Sels looks dodgy as fook, bit of a worry and Lacelles looked every bit a Championship side cast off tonight. Still, Fulham's a bogey team for us...

Lascelles saying it might not be the worst thing in the world, a kick up the arse. Can't disagree.

To be devils advocate he needs to work on his own game before being Mr Soundbite. (I like him though)

Lascelles saying it might not be the worst thing in the world, a kick up the arse. Can't disagree.

It's a little irritating that they need a kick up the arse after the first game of a new season in which everyone has gone on and on about how we're a big scalp and how it's going to be physical etc etc. Doesn't bode well for how this group has listened and prepared (or how Rafa prepared them).

It's a little irritating that they need a kick up the arse after the first game of a new season in which everyone has gone on and on about how we're a big scalp and how it's going to be physical etc etc. Doesn't bode well for how this group has listened and prepared (or how Rafa prepared them).

:thup:

Aye, plus it might make it clear that colback is not good enough to play for Newcastle.

To be devils advocate he needs to work on his own game before being Mr Soundbite. (I like him though)

He accepted full responsibility for the goal like.

He accepted full responsibility for the goal like.

Fair enough, rage switched off as soon as it hit 94.

True, but if you imagine how excited, positive and carried away we've all been getting then it's very possible it's been the same with the players. Pre-season was a piece of piss as well.

When Reading set the Championship points record they lost their first game of the season. I also think it was 1-0.