DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Have we played 3 centre-backs at any point in pre-season?

We're not going to just change system because of one player.

Rafa rarely changes things around. He did against Watford last season and we caused them all sorts of bother, despite still losing to them.

The rest of the time we are very well organised but also very predictable. Especially that cross field ball into the box that ruins Yedlin every time. Maybe this injury could be a blessing.. one of the young players has to step up at some point.

I don’t recall Sterry being any use or not. I did get to see Victor Fernandez in pre season and he looked decent.

As someone mentioned before, Hayden could probably fill in. Did he ever play RB before he joined us?

Supposedly was at the Boro match earlier with Aarons and wasnt on crutches. If true  I'd assume that means the scan has been completed as he would likely be on crutches as a precaution with the presumption of a serious knee injury.

Guest chopey

Back three with Kennedy and Ritchie wing backs would be my call

Ritchie already showed he can’t play there and don’t understand why anybody would want Kenedy further back the field

Similar formation England used in the world cup

Back in training

The club can confirm that the knee injury sustained by DeAndre Yedlin on Saturday was not serious.

The USA international defender limped off towards the end of United's season opener against Tottenham Hotspur.

However he has been assessed and undergone treatment this week and is likely to resume training with his team-mates shortly.

I'm still going to assume he's missing atleast this weekend tbh.

I mean considering how it looked and was feared, it would be negligent not too sit him at least a week. Personally, lets say its is really short term, I would still probably let him sit the next two matches and then I think there is an international break, so that would give him almost a month off but only miss two games.