Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

If we get promoted I don't give a fuck who we signed to achieve it.

People moaning about the alleged fee is fairly hilarious too, after years and years of the club being unwilling to spend any money.

Don't care about fee personally. Care about how shit he is.

Fee is humorous however. Seems were more bothered about just sniping players from champo clubs, even if they're never going to do anything for us.

If we get promoted I don't give a f*** who we signed to achieve it.

People moaning about the alleged fee is fairly hilarious too, after years and years of the club being unwilling to spend any money.

Exactly. I mean it's not the most exciting signing of all time, but it makes sense to me. Surely after the least few years, people can understand the need for squad players, and players who can make an impact now. It's about time we made a purely short term signing!

If we get promoted I don't give a fuck who we signed to achieve it.

x1000

The goal is to put together a squad to get promoted. Nothing more. Upon promotion, I expect loads of these players to be sold and another new batch of PL-caliber players to be brought in.

Know nothing at all about Murphy as a player, but at the very least he's an experienced Championship striker. Every club has its share of players who fill in the cracks and round out the squad.

:clap:  :snod:

Id rather have an exciting player to replace colback in the squad for £5M, than have a 33 year old plodder to warm the bench. Its got nowt to do with fee, but more to do with opportunity cost. Thats why I am moaning...

That's easy to say. Give me a certain promotion and I'd happily take whoever. Discussing whether or not a player seems an exciting/ good signing is another matter.

I agree with the fee point though.

Some of the reactions to signings have been pretty embarrassing, tbh. The suggestion that Rafa is behind them but not happy is even worse. There would always be an element of transition and short-term buys. I'm happy we're building a squad.

That's easy to say. Give me a certain promotion and I'd happily take whoever. Discussing whether or not a player seems an exciting/ good signing is another matter.

I agree with the fee point though.

If Benitez thinks signing Murphy will help get us back into the Premier League - even if that's only by providing competition for Mitrovic, or scoring one crucial goal - and it works then it's worth it.

Think we'd all want someone younger, better, more exciting. That Haller seemed to fit the bill. Das Bost (or whatever his name is) was mentioned. Maybe those players simply didn't want to come.

Target man, exactly what we need to rotate with Mitro.

Experienced in the league, proven goalscorer.

Cheap transfer fee and will likely be on Championship level wages.

Great signing.

Should probably just let them play a few games before we write them off. A lot of people thought Townsend was s*** before he signed

Alright lets not go too far

What? They did. You can check yourself

Just keep trying to convince yourself, Rafa is behind these signings.

:lol:

But rafa is the world's most principled man. He would most certainly make a stand if the proven scumbags in charge of our club decided to sign bargain basement cloggers.

Therefore rafa must rate this 100% bonafide mackem failure. Rafa out.

He trusts Lee. He's mentioned it.

Carr stayed on here, that's all you need to know.

Just keep trying to convince yourself, Rafa is behind these signings.

[emoji38]

But rafa is the world's most principled man. He would most certainly make a stand if the proven scumbags in charge of our club decided to sign bargain basement cloggers.

Therefore rafa must rate this 100% bonafide mackem failure. Rafa out.

:thup: PFM4lyfe

Apologies pal, not down with the internet urban coolness?

Should probably just let them play a few games before we write them off. A lot of people thought Townsend was shit before he signed

:lol: so comparable.

Maybe we sign richard dunne as well. Lets give him a few games before we write him off. Even though he's had twenty years of scoring own goals for us to evaluate.

Should probably just let them play a few games before we write them off. A lot of people thought Townsend was shit before he signed

[emoji38] so comparable.

Maybe we sign richard dunne as well. Lets give him a few games before we write him off. Even though he's had twenty years of scoring own goals for us to evaluate.

You were one of those strongly against signing Townsend as well. Murphy has scored 37 goals in the last two seasons, there's a decent chance he'll be an okay backup if we give him a chance

Around the time he was at his best we could've done with a defender like Richard Dunne btw