Derby County 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/09/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 16

BlueStar

/

Derby looked better going forward and we where defending most of the second half the game reminded me of watching a Pardew team when he first arrived here holding on to a 1-0 it was like watching paint dry.

Happy with the result defiantly but i am enjoying watching us play this season well not that much as entertainment value goes Newcastle are not very exiting to watch.

Give over man, it's nowhere near like watching any Pardew team.

After we scored the first goal there was never really any doubt that we wouldn't win. After years of capitulating almost every game, I find us winning quite easily very entertaining indeed.

Well we are playing in an lower league so should be expected to...

Super professional win yesterday - was very impressed watching. We never really looked in any danger and we also look very organized. :)

For those that are saying that we are going to p*ss these league and the championship is full of s**** team teams - learn a bit of humility. We may well end up promoted, but it's still a long season. And us old timers know that Newcastle never do the easy thing.

Apart from last time when we were in this league and walked it.

I like the clinical approach we have taken but it worries me how many of our goals are from set plays. Hardly any have come in open play. League goals so far:

Pen rebound

Freekick knockdown

Pen

Direct free kick

Open play tap in

Good counter attack goal

Header from free kick

Direct free kick

Volley from corner

Short corner goal

How can you complain about scoring from set pieces?? Literally been waiting for this for years

I like the clinical approach we have taken but it worries me how many of our goals are from set plays. Hardly any have come in open play. League goals so far:

Pen rebound

Freekick knockdown

Pen

Direct free kick

Open play tap in

Good counter attack goal

Header from free kick

Direct free kick

Volley from corner

Short corner goal

How can you complain about scoring from set pieces?? Literally been waiting for this for years

Not complaining at all, just want more goals in open play in case we play teams who can actually defend set pieces

People will always find something to complain about :lol:

Rafa has worked this out fine. We were more open in the first 2 games and looked really shaky. He knows we need points, confidence and momentum (which often starts with the defence) so has us playing more conservative to start building a platform. We're not a 'Rafa' team yet, but we are on the way.

Considering some of left-field 1-season wonders and cameos that came into the squad the last time we were in the Championship and not seen again in the PL -

One Size Fitz Hall

Harewood

Khizanishvili

van Aanholt

I wonder how many of the current influx are going to be shipped out literally next Summer? You'd think that (hopefully) after blasting the Championship, although a year older, their values would increase and we'd get a fair whack for some of them?

Channel 5's highlights made it look like it was all Derby :lol:

it pretty much was did you watch the full 90 mins ?

I wouldn't say it was at all. Neither would the stats. More shots, more on target, more corners and more goals.

http://bbc.in/2c3gRPX

Seemed live like Derby had all the possession because we were happy to let them. They couldn't do anything with it was the problem.

I wouldn't say it was at all. Neither would the stats. More shots, more on target, more corners and more goals.

Seemed live like Derby had all the possession because we were happy to let them. They couldn't do anything with it was the problem.

aye this, as i mentioned before i thought it was funny that the moment we clearly decided to push further up the field and press them we basically did whatever we wanted

Checked out a Derby forum and there are loads of posts saying how average we are, how they should have had 2 penalties and but for a fluke opener it could well have been a goalless draw........

Fluke?? Looked like a proper planned on the training ground set piece routine to me. Goofy watched it all the way and absolutely buried it.

We didn't do much with the possession either though and Rafa more or less said as much. But it's a new squad and everyone is learning their roles. All considered a 2-0 win away from home is a fantastic result.

the game’s star man was  Mbemba who was arguably the coolest player out there.

As shown by the table provided by Opta, the powerful defender completely dominated his duels with Derby strikers Matej Vydra and James Wilson and left the hosts stil searching for their first home goal.

Mbemba posted an impressive one ball recovery, two aerial duels won, three defensive duels won and nine effective clearances as alongside Jamaal Lascelles he never looked in danger throughout.

Opta, Stats        Aerial Duels Won 2 Effective Clearances 9  Def Duels Won 3 Ball Recoveries 1 Touches 61 Accurate Passes 35 Mins Played 90

There seems to be a great team spirit there already too seeing photos of the goal celebrations they all looked geniunely delighted.

Our away supoort was as loud and raucous as I've been a part of. Quality supoort yet again, the amount of teams and supposed well supported ones who I have seen come to st James and sit down and muster a couple of songs all game, we were non stop all the way through and for about 15 mins after too! Derby won't see the likes of that there again this season

See if I can get them songs out my head now and shift the hangover, what a day though!