Derby County 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/09/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 16

BlueStar

Yeah not much from Derby at all but it was non stop from us. Just nice to get a win for once that level of support deserves

So just like the Bristol City game?

What our first away win if the year? That supoort was quality wouldn't be matched by another club in the country and I've seen us have that supoort loads and get beat. Just a great day for it all to come together on and off the picture perfectly. Don't try to have sly comments about it

“We knew they were going to be dangerous from set plays and we got caught sleeping. The second goal came about because we were caught going for the draw and, unluckily, we got hit on the counter attack."

Baffling comments really. We counter-attacked from our own corner it seemed.

Yeah not much from Derby at all but it was non stop from us. Just nice to get a win for once that level of support deserves

What our first away win if the year? That supoort was quality wouldn't be matched by another club in the country and I've seen us have that supoort loads and get beat. Just a great day for it all to come together on and off the picture perfectly. Don't try to have sly comments about it

It was the comment about how it was nice to get 'an away win for once' when we got one 3 weeks ago at Bristol City.

Hope you've seen Armstrong's goal today by the way

We defended really well but we were really lacking pace up front with only Gale up there, and he was pretty well shackled. We need an outlet, and I thought Yedlin gave us some much needed drive when he came on. Another professional performance though, and three great points away from home so can't really grumble.

Think Ritchie was quiet but think he was sticking wide basically doing a defensive plan, since we were never really chasing the game even before the first goal didn't really ever switch into attacking mode I guess. I for one thought Diame gave ball away too much which caused a lot of problems in our attack

It was the comment about how it was nice to get 'an away win for once' when we got one 3 weeks ago at Bristol City.

Hope you've seen Armstrong's goal today by the way

Fair dos yeah but I wasn't there and that was the first away win I've been at for a while and yeah I seen it was quality

We looked solid. Would have liked us to have had a bit more possession, especially in the second half when we seemed to invite them on to us. Dummett stuck out like a sore thumb - pretty much every time we had possession, he'd punt an aimless ball upfield. Looks scared of the ball. Thought Colback, Shelvey and Gouffran had good games.

Good strong win. Pleased we played more of a middle 4 instead of 2 holding, shows Rafa's not as wedded to the idea as it sometimes comes over. They did have a couple of half chances and if one had went in it would've been interesting to see if we'd move up a gear as I'm sure we haven't hit 2nd gear yet.  Happy with the shape and organisation defensively but still think we could be more expansive when in possession. Early days yet like and sure it'll come as the players get used to it.

Cracking win this evening.

We looked in total control of the game from the off. We've played 2 of the best sides in this division in Brighton and Derby, won 2-0 in both games, took 6 points and looked completely comfortable in both games. Get in!

Channel 5's highlights made it look like it was all Derby :lol:

It kind of was in an odd way so could see why highlights not that there could be many would make it look like that. Don't think their keeper had a save to make if you take out the 2 goals. Was a little like our win at Swansea a few years back with Cisse but under more control.

Two away wins in a row, that's more like it!

I only saw the first half but we looked in control and were knocking it about quite nicely. Fantastic hit for the goal. Good confidence booster for Yedlin at the end there.

Best GD and joint fewest conceded in the league so far. This all bodes very well.

Impressive levels of concentration throughout the team becoming a regular thing. We are constantly switched on and proactive. During a period in the second half we seemed to be letting them in a bit, but certain players won a couple of 50-50's, and made a couple of solid clearances, and we just went on to shut them out, and didn't look in danger of conceding.