Queens Park Rangers 0 - 6 Newcastle United - Post :fwap: reaction from page 37

BlueStar

We should have won 12-0 or more. I've not seen a side create that many clear chances for a long time. I am not sure I have ever seen us do that. If I was a QPR fan I would be sitting myself.

I remember the West Ham game at home, 3-0 or 4-0, the one where Les Sealey was amazing and we had something like 42 shots.

It was only 3-0 but it was the most one-sided match I've ever seen, the peak of the Keegan years, the next match we lost at Arsenal and everything unraveled.

Can't believe this result, wow!. In Runcorn and was out with clients having a meal. Stuck some money on us to win and a quid on us to win 5 nil (for a laugh) before heading out. Totally missed the game until it finished. What a win! Cant believe I missed out on a cash out opportunity too!

On the train back now. We were absolutely dominant, a joy to watch. Shelvey and Perez were both outstanding; great to see the latter in particular get off the mark after a difficult start to the season. Performances from Clark and Mitro were very encouraging as well. Atsu looked very sharp considering how little he's played over the last year or so. He looks like he'll inevitably frustrate with his decision-making but looks like he'll be an asset at this level.

All in all, fantastic away day and a brilliant result.

Rafa interview up yet?

Benitez said: “We can still improve. The team was playing well, everybody was pushing and working hard, but you always make some mistakes.

“The main thing for us was to get the three points so we could leave our fans happy. We also managed to get the clean sheet.

“We now have to show we can concentrate in every game. It doesn’t matter if we score six goals, we get three points in the end and now have to concentrate on the next game and not lose that concentration.”

The victory came after striker Dwight Gayle, who has already scored four goals this season, was left on the bench, with Mitrovic returning to the side.

“I’m very happy with the strikers,” Benitez said.

“Gayle is playing well, Daryl Murphy is doing well, so to play someone else is always difficult.

“I’m really pleased because we have a good squad and everybody has to be ready to be key players for us for the rest of the season.

“To have to decide between Gayle, Murphy and Mitrovic is a good problem, but it is a problem – it’s not easy to keep everybody happy.

“Hopefully we will keep winning and they will understand that it is all for the good of the team.”

Rafa interview up yet?

Benitez said: “We can still improve. The team was playing well, everybody was pushing and working hard, but you always make some mistakes.

“The main thing for us was to get the three points so we could leave our fans happy. We also managed to get the clean sheet.

“We now have to show we can concentrate in every game. It doesn’t matter if we score six goals, we get three points in the end and now have to concentrate on the next game and not lose that concentration.”

The victory came after striker Dwight Gayle, who has already scored four goals this season, was left on the bench, with Mitrovic returning to the side.

“Gayle is playing well, Daryl Murphy is doing well, so to play someone else is always difficult.

“I’m really pleased because we have a good squad and everybody has to be ready to be key players for us for the rest of the season.

“To have to decide between Gayle, Murphy and Mitrovic is a good problem, but it is a problem – it’s not easy to keep everybody happy.

“Hopefully we will keep winning and they will understand that it is all for the good of the team.”

It must be a joy working with Rafa, the atmosphere in the dressing room will be fantastic. Having a large competitive squad is really helping imo

Rafa interview up yet?

Ruthless but loveable at the same time. How does he do it? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I would have been happy with a point tbh. I think this is what my LFC mate was telling me that once the defence was sorted and players knew what they were doing, things progress to dominance and with it goals and big wins under Rafa.

It was 2-0 when we finished 7-a-side and after I got home and had a shower it was 4 nil then my brother texted to say it was 6. Fucking hell, awesome!

I always appreciated his no-bullshitting in interviews while taking over at Real Madrid, but that got him in real trouble at that place. Wish more managers were like that.

I love a manager who doesn't bullshit and just tells it like it is. Hughton did that, Benitez does it. Players respect that and it is refeshing in today's game.