Cup win or promotion?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Rafa thing is irrelevant. If we won a cup he'd be idolised and we'd probably go up the next season. He wouldn't leave. Likewise if we get promoted.

The only way we wouldn't keep Rafa is if we didn't go up in the next two years because personally, I don't think Rafa would leave if we didn't go up this year.

Promotion purely because unlike some I think failure to do so would see him leave and the good feeling around the club go with him. It would knock us back quite a few years. With promotion I can see Rafa staying and securing a trophy within 2-3 seasons.

I think if we get promoted and Rafa stays long term I believe we'll win a cup, if we don't get promoted he'll leave and we'll be back to square one with someone like Bruce as manager.

:sadnod:

Or he stays, wins the Championship/Europa League double, then has a Super Cup & Champions League campaign all set for his 3rd full season.

Something's gone very wrong this season if we fail to get promoted. No cup win can paper over that.

Aye, but in 10 years time nobody will remember not being promoted. They'll remember Rafa & Lascelles lifting a trophy at Wembley, and it would be lush.

We're going to be promoted and in all likelihood sack off the cups, which will also be canny.