Newcastle United 4 - 3 Norwich City - 28/09/16 - Post-match bed-wetting from p39

Dave

Realistically we should finish the season stronger than we started. We have a window plus £30m in the bank so no worry there. But I think we should be settling down now. Maybe it's Rafas rotation policy which is causing a longer settling time? Still be with it in the long run, this club just isn't used to having a squad.

One thing I don't buy is that It's taking time to wipe that losing mentality. Tbh the games we struggled in have been down to tactics more than anything else. He needs to do it his way and that's fine, just expected a little more form easily the best squad in the division even if it's early doors.

They were talking about todays line up on Total Sport last night, and Anderson was saying whilst he would expect midfield and forwards to be rotated, he thought Rafa should be settling on a fixed back four, as they are important to play alongside each other regularly.

Whilst I can see that argument, I also think rotating them (certainly pre-christmas) is the way to go. If you play a steady back 4 regularly, then ne or two get injured, you bring in one or two squad players who have to adapt to the system/other players quickly.

With the rotation policy, some squad players are playing semi-regularly alongside the 'first choices' like Lascelles. So if/when they have to come in, then they still know how to play alongside each other.

I still think its great that we have such a squad where all players know they are going to get chances, so they are hopefully more ready to come in/on, as they know they are going to get chances to play.

That's a good thing about rotating the defenders in terms of a long term effect. At least if they've played together a bit then when the injuries ineveitsbly come you're not pairing players together how haven't played together much. As ever it's a fine balance but I fully trust someone of the calibre of Benitez to get it right.

Watch best video ever....2 kid enjoying Pokémon / burger..then match. Make a cuppa and enjoy.

Actually enjoyed the moment the goals came. :lol: Everyone in their jackets ready to leave the stadium and then we score twice in couple of seconds. Amazing :lol:

my skunk oracles are 100%!! :snod:

Bulivye's Two Prophetic Skunks (skunks=another Makem term of endearment for us, btw) and Sky cameraman sneezes= Rafa brings on "Atsu" in added time and we score two goals. Do I believe in superstition? Or some elaborate trans-Atlantic (trans-species) corruption scandal which runs so deep it involves Sky employees... :kasper: ...psychosis beckons.

:Jonny2J: