Newcastle United 3 - 1 Brentford - 15/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 15

Disco

I think this win is more than just 3 points. It feels like the players are starting to feel more relaxed playing at home, and this win will probably enchance that feeling even further.

There's been an extremely amount of pressure on us to do well, and not just from the fans, but from pretty much everywhere. Got a good feeling that there will be more wind

in our sails from now on when we're at home and the players will find it easier to express themselves. The Norwhich win was a massive boost and even if we don't score very

early at home like we did yesterday, i can see us winning comfortably anyway from now on :thup:

Saw this as a potentially difficult game but we really should have scored six. Shelvey ran the game and today showed we are the best team in this league.

Might have been mentioned earlier but - "You're just a shit Jack Colback"   :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was class.

When some of the lads started singing that everyone was geet apprehensive about joining in and then everyone realised it was just a total piss take so started joining in. It was funny because the collective laughter was audible too. What made it even better was when they brought on that baldy chap and everyone started singing "You're just a shit Jonjo Shelvey" and Shelvey noticeable laughed and pointed it out to the player before destroying them some more.  :lol:

Saw this as a potentially difficult game but we really should have scored six. Shelvey ran the game and today showed we are the best team in this league.

Might have been mentioned earlier but - "You're just a s*** Jack Colback"   :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was class.

When some of the lads started singing that everyone was geet apprehensive about joining in and then everyone realised it was just a total p*ss take so started joining in. It was funny because the collective laughter was audible too. What made it even better was when they brought on that baldy chap and everyone started singing "You're just a s*** Jonjo Shelvey" and Shelvey noticeable laughed and pointed it out to the player before destroying them some more.  :lol:

The "shit Jonjo Shelvey" laughed at it as well. :lol:

The Geordies are very likeable and the Karaoke night in The Black Garter (think Newcastle’s equivalent of Phoenix nights) was one of the best nights I can remember, with an 80 year singing Coward of the County for our young Bees Hey Jude showstoppers.

Throw in a punch up over choice of songs between “artists” that got thrown out and continued on the cobbles, dancing with Andy Carroll’s aunt and the barmaids tattooed norks and it really was a night those present will be talking about for years.

Poor lads

The Geordies are very likeable and the Karaoke night in The Black Garter (think Newcastle’s equivalent of Phoenix nights) was one of the best nights I can remember, with an 80 year singing Coward of the County for our young Bees Hey Jude showstoppers.

Throw in a punch up over choice of songs between “artists” that got thrown out and continued on the cobbles, dancing with Andy Carroll’s aunt and the barmaids tattooed norks and it really was a night those present will be talking about for years.

Poor lads

Not what I'd call a positive review of the city, like.

Poor lads

Hope he didn't see them.

Poor lads

Hope he didn't see them.

Rolando to the rescue iirc

How good was the second goal by the way? Counter attack from our box, starting from a good tackle from Clark all the way to the finish by  Gayle. Defending p*ss poor.

It was the third goal, but aye, from start to finish, brilliant! :thup:

Thought the half time entertainment hit a new low yesterday. The special guest was 'a family friend of an X Factor contestant'. The music through the PA system was chosen by a fan and he picked Don't Stop Believing by Journey as his closing song. Terrible

Thought the half time entertainment hit a new low yesterday. The special guest was 'a family friend of an X Factor contestant'. The music through the PA system was chosen by a fan and he picked Don't Stop Believing by Journey as his closing song. Terrible

:lol:

I thought I had misheard :lol: and they said "family member". That is truly tragic.

I often wonder how these people get invited to stuff like this. Who contacts who? Do NUFC regularly phone around random people and ask them to come onto the pitch or do they contact NUFC? Would be pretty grim if those two randomers used that lass on X Factor that they probably barely know as a reason to do the HT draw.

Poor lads

Get Carter springs to mind.

:lol:

I went for a piss even though I didn't need one.

Thought Brentford were the first team to come up here this season and seem totally overawed by the whole occasion. It happened quite often last time we played in this league but that's the first time I've noticed it this time around.

Other than that a routine win, took our foot off the gas at 3-0 with tomorrow's game in mind no doubt and Shelvey is on a totally different level to any other player in this division.

Thought Brentford were the first team to come up here this season and seem totally overawed by the whole occasion. It happened quite often last time we played in this league but that's the first time I've noticed it this time around.

Other than that a routine win, took our foot off the gas at 3-0 with tomorrow's game in mind no doubt and Shelvey is on a totally different level to any other player in this division.

I thought that too. 

Last time, clubs like Doncaster, Peterborough and Scunthorpe were completely overawed and often in those games, we won them in the first 20 minutes - as on Saturday.  The players at those clubs would be taking photos of themselves and the stadium when they arrived which I think is a bit of sign.

I am not sure there are so many of those teams this time round.

7) Dire first half raises overhype questions for Premier League

If a reminder were needed that the Premier League is sometimes overhyped, with quite a few games failing to live up to its “best league in the world” boast, this was it. The first half was the worst 45 minutes of football this reporter – frequently to be found at Sunderland – has seen this season. Both technically and tactically, it was streets below Newcastle United’s 3-1 Championship win against Brentford in front of 52,000 fans on Saturday. With passes persistently misplaced and first touches consistently suspect, it took an exquisite 25-yard left-foot shot from Watford’s José Holebas to raise the tone. Quite apart from reviving doubts about Aitor Karanka’s slavish devotion to 4-2-3-1, it also raised the question as to whether the Premier League enjoys disproportionate media coverage? Put both these teams in this season’s super competitive Championship and they might well receive a shock.