Barnsley 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 18/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 16

Dave

Surprised neither Mitrovic or Perez got any time today, nonetheless, I am not too overly bothered as long as Gayle isn't fatigued or gets injured anytime soon. The most important thing is to keep the form and chemistry going.

Guest firetotheworks

Never any doubt tbh, we were so much better than them from start to finish. I've said it loads, but Diame is really unfairly criticised. He's not amazing but he has a role and I think he'll grow into it. He's certainly more suited (and playing better) than Perez, who seems to get away with having been out of form for 18 months a lot more than Diame whose played a handful of games and contributed far more this season. Rafa's just not going to play 442, so it's him or Perez and Mitrovic or Gayle. Gayle is undroppable, Perez and Diame are interchangeable.

Never any doubt tbh, we were so much better than them from start to finish. I've said it loads, but Diame is really unfairly criticised. He's not amazing but he has a role and I think he'll grow into it. He's certainly more suited (and playing better) than Perez, who seems to get away with having been out of form for 18 months a lot more than Diame whose played a handful of games and contributed far more this season. Rafa's just not going to play 442, so it's him or Perez and Mitrovic or Gayle. Gayle is undroppable, Perez and Diame are interchangeable.

:thup:

Whenever i watch Diame it looks like to me he lacks composure in key moments but outside of that he still does a lot to help the team. Obviously don't get to see every game but the ones i have i don't really get the criticism.

Doesn't need to be 4-4-2, Could be Gayle off Mitrovic or Murphy.

FWIW I think when Murphy is fully fit and fully intergrated I think that's what we'll do, call it 4-4-1-1 0r 4-2-3-1 whichever you want.

:thup:

Whenever i watch Diame it looks like to me he lacks composure in key moments but outside of that he still does a lot to help the team. Obviously don't get to see every game but the ones i have i don't really get the criticism.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Perez but he needs to up his game. Generally I'm not worried about either of them though, we're still winning matches.