Newcastle United v Preston North End (League Cup) - 25/10/16 at 19:45 (no UK TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

I think Gallows is Atsu, self-deprecating humour to illicit defensive responses giving him positive feedback. Or he's batshit crazy.

Didn't realise quite how good their recent form is, could make for a very good cup-tie.

I think Gallows is Atsu, self-deprecating humour to illicit defensive responses giving him positive feedback. Or he's batshit crazy.

Didn't realise quite how good their recent form is, could make for a very good cup-tie.

Having lost five of their first six in the league they must have looked at October with trepidation....Villa, Brighton, Huddersfield, Norwich, Newcastle x2. They've won three and drawn one out of the first four. Fair play to them. Certainly not the game we thought it was when the draw was made.

Will be the furthest we have been in cups in ages if we make it.

Got to the quarters v Spurs and quarters of Europa League only a few year ago.

Although those two times we had a manager absolutely terrified of the prospect of making the semis.

Would like to see a strong line up with not so many changes from the weekend for consistency. This is more important than the league game IMO.

Darlow

Lazaar      Clark          Hanley        Yedlin

Hayden          Shelvey

Gouffran                Perez                  Atsu

Mitro

Just got two nearish in the Leazes, haven't been in the that end for about 10 years so will be interesting. Hopefully I survive such an outing away from the comfort of my season ticket seat near the half way line in the East Stand. Lower bowl almost fully sold out and they seem to be releasing blocks of L7 one by one from Milburn towards Leazes as they fill up.

Over 40,000 tickets sold so far.

:clap:

Woah, that's quality. Not to be all back-patty but getting upwards of 40,000 is a remarkable turnout. Crazy isn't it. Do a few good things in the interests of the football club and look at the rewards.

Am loving being a Newcastle fan atm and it's several years since I've been able to say that.

I wonder how much extra revenue these increased attendances are bringing in.  I know prices are lower but surely by the end of the season they will have contributed hugely to Rafa's salary showing that if you invest properly rather than trying to make short-term gains, it will pay off.