Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Thauvin and Memphis Depay are some recent ones doing well right now.

Ligue 1 is a significantly lower standard than the Premier League though.  There would be hundreds of names if you were including players from those types of leagues.

You could also argue that the French league has improved in recent times. Marseille were Europa League finalist two years ago, Lyon and PSG were in the last four of the CL last year. Monaco always seem to spring a surprise. Also France are current World Cup Champions  and Algeria(half of their players are basically French) are reigning African champions. There are some strong teams and players in Ligue 1. Monaco, Lyon, PSG have all beaten our top performing teams over the last two-three years.

All good points.  But i watch a fair amount of games from the french league and it’s pretty obvious that the standard is poor compared to the likes of the PL and La Liga. 

Randomly was thinking about Patrick Kluivert today, read this on his wiki:

On 9 September 1995, Kluivert crashed a borrowed BMW into another car in Amsterdam, killing the driver and seriously injuring a female passenger. Kluivert admitted to speeding before the crash, and was convicted of death by dangerous driving. As a consequence, he was sentenced to perform 240 hours of community service.

Is that not a hideously low sentence? :lol:

IIRC the guy that Kluivert hit was performing an illegal u-turn which was quite substantial mitigation.

Luke McCormick's the worst. I couldn't have coped with my club taking him on and making him captain as Plymouth did.

IIRC the guy that Kluivert hit was performing an illegal u-turn which was quite substantial mitigation.

Luke McCormick's the worst. I couldn't have coped with my club taking him on and making him captain as Plymouth did.

Ah makes a bit more sense. Still seems low, but sure there's more to it.