Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

https://www.football365.com/news/lampard-least-surprised-chelsea-avb-sack-gary-neville

Speaking on The Gary Neville Podcast, he said: “I think because of the rumours that came out of Stamford Bridge and the media before, it wasn’t really a shock. I thought initially he would get more time, just to let them settle in but you can’t be surprised by Chelsea.

“I go back Martin to in Napoli eight or nine years ago, when Villas-Boas had picked a team in the afternoon of a Champions League game. And he left out Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and another big player at that time.

“And I remember Chelsea players at that time ringing up members of the media and trying to get him out. And Frank was part of that group.

“And it has been really a brutal football club for managers for many many years, and Frank has suffered that brutality last week, so he should be the least of all surprised because he has been at the club when Villas-Boas was sacked, Scolari, and all the rest of them have come and gone.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/stuart-baxter-sacked-by-indian-football-club-odisha-after-using-analogy

Stuart Baxter has been sacked by the Indian Super League club Odisha after using an offensive analogy about rape over a refereeing decision.

Baxter, a British former player and well-travelled coach whose previous job was with South Africa’s national team, made his remarks after Monday’s defeat by Jamshedpur.

“You need decisions to go your way and they didn’t,” the 67-year-old said in an interview on Indian’s Star Sports television. “I don’t know when we’re going to get a penalty. I think one of my players would have to rape someone or get raped himself if he was going to get a penalty.”

:pardsgrin:

Aside from being a horrible analogy anyway, how does this make sense?

I don’t know when we’re going to get a penalty. I think one of my players would have to rape someone or get raped himself if he was going to get a penalty.

Aside from being a horrible analogy anyway, how does this make sense?

I don’t know when we’re going to get a penalty. I think one of my players would have to rape someone or get raped himself if he was going to get a penalty.

Assume he is correcting himself. Haven't seen the clip though.

How many were pens? 😁

Exactly half his goals.

Indeed. 20 goals, 10 pens (which need to be scored FWIW). 10 from open play, the most of any midfielder. Salah has scored 8 pens in the same period. Vardy 10 pens. Don't see the issue. :lol:

"Since his debut, Fernandes has scored 28 times in all competitions - more than any other Premier League player - and he has also provided 17 assists, which means his total goal involvement of 45 is better than any Premier League player in that period.

Only Fifa Best winner Robert Lewandowski, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have more goal involvements in Europe's top five leagues than Fernandes since he signed for United.

Boss Solskjaer said after he netted his first goal against Watford: "He felt like a presence in the group from the first minute, a bit of a mix between Paul Scholes and Juan Sebastian Veron - the temperament of Veron and a lot of the quality of Scholesy."

That quality saw Fernandes win four Premier League player of the month awards in 2020 - the first man to take the accolade four times in a calendar year.

In comparison, Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Frank Lampard and Alan Shearer won four player of the month awards in their entire careers in this country."

PENANDES.

How many were pens? 😁

Exactly half his goals.

Indeed. 20 goals, 10 pens (which need to be scored FWIW). 10 from open play, the most of any midfielder. Salah has scored 8 pens in the same period. Vardy 10 pens. Don't see the issue. :lol:

"Since his debut, Fernandes has scored 28 times in all competitions - more than any other Premier League player - and he has also provided 17 assists, which means his total goal involvement of 45 is better than any Premier League player in that period.

Only Fifa Best winner Robert Lewandowski, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have more goal involvements in Europe's top five leagues than Fernandes since he signed for United.

Boss Solskjaer said after he netted his first goal against Watford: "He felt like a presence in the group from the first minute, a bit of a mix between Paul Scholes and Juan Sebastian Veron - the temperament of Veron and a lot of the quality of Scholesy."

That quality saw Fernandes win four Premier League player of the month awards in 2020 - the first man to take the accolade four times in a calendar year.

In comparison, Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Frank Lampard and Alan Shearer won four player of the month awards in their entire careers in this country."

PENANDES.

No issue, was simply answering alex's question. Don't be so defensive, everyone unanimously thinks he's a very good player  :lol: