Newcastle United 2-1 Cardiff City - 05/11/16 - reaction from page 11

Disco

4-0 Mitro hat trick and Atsu.

If Atsu  scores, I'll donate £2 to charity

Well?

£2 [emoji38] tight cunt

:lol: if you're gonna needlessly stick your neck out, better to be on the hook for 2 quid than a liter of your own piss.

Early goal somewhat killed it today, like. Seemed like once we were ahead we knew we just had to control the game without taking any risks, which is why so much time was spent shuffling the ball around. Quite disappointing given there was absolutely no pressure on the back four. I think had we really wanted to, we could've completely killed them off by HT.

Second half was a total shambles, though. Really not sure what we were trying to do but we were exceptionally poor in the middle of the park. For all his first half effort, Atsu should've been hooked way earlier than he was, anarl. Gave the ball away loads.

Darlow wants a slap for time wasting anarl. Embarrassing by the end. Genuinely thought there'd be more added on and would've been typical for them to equalise.

Mind you I don't know why some of our fans were booting off when it was 2-1 and we had the ball and just played it along the back on around the 85minute mark.

If they don't have the ball they cannot score and they weren't attempting to close it down. Some of our fans are mongs

It was a strange performance, because you felt if we stepped it up a bit we could have done them similar to what we did last time down here and got 4 or 5; but the second half we seemed to get caught in between attacking for more or just playing out the result - in the end not really doing either particularly well. So you had what was a very poor Cardiff side somehow making it nervous for us.

As my dad always tells me 2-0 at HT is the most dangerous score line in football.

I thought Dummett was pretty good going forward yesterday and might have been the best attacking display I've seen by him. Definitely looks like Rafa has been working on that part of his game and Dummett looks a lot more confident to beat his man and whip a cross in. Wish he'd scored from that lush through ball by Ayoze in the first half. Thought him and Clark did well together yesterday. Clark has quickly become our best CB

I thought Dummett was pretty good going forward yesterday and might have been the best attacking display I've seen by him. Definitely looks like Rafa has been working on that part of his game and Dummett looks a lot more confident to beat his man and whip a cross in. Wish he'd scored from that lush through ball by Ayoze in the first half. Thought him and Clark did well together yesterday. Clark has quickly become our best CB

Aye another solid performance from Dummett, he would have scored if he had kept the shot down rather than putting a bit of height on it.  Clark is excellent with the ball at his feet, for apparently being error prone he's showing absolutely no sign of it.  Albeit a lower standard but not a sniff of an error in his game, been excellent maybe just ruined along with every other Villa player.

Darlow 6 Didn't have loads to do.

Yedlin 6 Thought he was quiet but didn't do anything wrong at the back.

Clark 8 Was really composed on the ball and sound defensively.

Lascelles 8 Led from the back, always talking and won plenty of headers.

Dummett 7 Same as usual for me

Shelvey 8 Ran the show again, especially in the first half.

Hayden 6 Wasn't his best game IMO but he worked hard.

Atsu 5 I know he scored but he must have gave the ball away 6 times leading to chances for them.

Perez 5 Was invisible most of the game. Seemed to barely touch the ball.

Gouffran 6 Worked hard and scored.

Mitrovic 6 Was out fought for a lot of their hoof ball but did well for the goal. Should have scored himself.

Atsu 5 I know he scored but he must have gave the ball away 6 times leading to chances for them.

Mitrovic 6 Was out fought for a lot of their hoof ball but did well for the goal. Should have scored himself.

Were you even at the match? Shelvey 8? By far his quietest game for us for a while, Cardiff marked him well. Yedlin was decent and produced an excellent run inside beating two men and a perfect pass for the assist for our second goal?

I thought that was Shelvey 's quietest game for a while. Agree with the Atsu mark though,  I thought he was disappointing despite scoring

Agree about Shelvey. Also the first time I've seen this season the opposition put someone on him that close.

Were you even at the match? Shelvey 8? By far his quietest game for us for a while, Cardiff marked him well. Yedlin was decent and produced an excellent run inside beating two men and a perfect pass for the assist for our second goal?

Hadn't realised that Yedlin had got the second assist. Just seen the replay,fair enough.

8 is a quiet game for Shelvey to be fair.

Just had a flashback to Ben Amos winning a free kick after being clattered punching the ball away and having the audacity to try and take it from outside the box.

Stupid c***.

That was hilarious. Was he even fouled by our man? A Cardiff player obscured my view so I couldn't quite see the incident but Rafa was going crazy at the fourth official

Just had a flashback to Ben Amos winning a free kick after being clattered punching the ball away and having the audacity to try and take it from outside the box.

Stupid c***.

That was hilarious. Was he even fouled by our man? A Cardiff player obscured my view so I couldn't quite see the incident but Rafa was going crazy at the fourth official

Nah, I didn't think so.