Sexual Abuse in Football

Tooj

Guest Howaythetoon

Reluctantly and regrettably I watched the 'interview', go and inform on them now not 40 years later... fucking hell man! What a car crash of a human this prick is. Sadly, I'm in no doubt his mentality is probably quite common among people of his age and his era. Trouble is, because of his 'celebrity' he has had his opinions made news when in reality they should be laughed off as stupidity from someone insignificant from an era that is thankfully being remembered as the dark ages when it come to society and mentality regarding social issues as important as this. Just think about this, he's a homophobic, xenophobic darts player who regards himself as a sportsman. He's basically a drunkard from the 70s and 80s who could hold a dart. Basically every other loud mouthed tosser from social clubs in the day.

Reluctantly and regrettably I watched the 'interview', go and inform on them now not 40 years later... f***ing hell man! What a car crash of a human this prick is. Sadly, I'm in no doubt his mentality is probably quite common among people of his age and his era. Trouble is, because of his 'celebrity' he has had his opinions made news when in reality they should be laughed off as stupidity from someone insignificant from an era that is thankfully being remembered as the dark ages when it come to society and mentality regarding social issues as important as this. Just think about this, he's a homophobic, xenophobic darts player who regards himself as a sportsman. He's basically a drunkard from the 70s and 80s who could hold a dart. Basically every other loud mouthed tosser from social clubs in the day.

:serious:

Guest Howaythetoon

Sadly NG, I've experienced it first hand this week alone, why didn't they do anything, why did they take too long to speak up etc. I really do think we are so well off today in terms of education and understanding compared to many from the 70s and 80s.

Sadly NG, I've experienced it first hand this week alone, why didn't they do anything, why did they take too long to speak up etc. I really do think we are so well off today in terms of education and understanding compared to many from the 70s and 80s.

Fair enough for what youve experienced  recently but its still a massive sweeping statement.

Unlike Derek Bell seems like Eatock was abused while at the club.

However unlike the Crewe stories Eatock's account sounds like he was approached away from the club and without any involvement from the club.

However unlike the Crewe stories Eatock's account sounds like he was approached away from the club and without any involvement from the club.

I've read this post a few times now and I'm still struggling to grasp the point you're apparently trying to make, assuming that you are indeed trying to make a point and not doing a Bristow?

I've read this post a few times now and I'm still struggling to grasp the point you're apparently trying to make, assuming that you are indeed trying to make a point and not doing a Bristow?

isn't he saying eatock was abused when a player at NUFC but the abuse was unrelated to the club itself?

Guest neesy111

isn't he saying eatock was abused when a player at NUFC but the abuse was unrelated to the club itself?

Well he's wrong, it was on the club's watch.

The article said he was stalked to his hotel, unlike the Crewe case where Gradi was driving kids to Bennell's house.

There was simply no knowledge and we binned him immediately when we found out. Unlike Crewe.

i dont think james is saying its any less of an offense, just that it seems the club werent in any way complicit in it. which i admits is a relief if it is true. the offense itself is not in doubt.

Guest neesy111

i dont think james is saying its any less of an offense, just that it seems the club werent in any way complicit in it. which i admits is a relief if it is true. the offense itself is not in doubt.

I agree with that, but there will be questions about the club just like there is with Crewe.

I agree with that, but there will be questions about the club just like there is with Crewe.

aye.

Guest neesy111

This one involves Chelsea and suggests a secret payment was made by the club, to buy the silence of a youth team player who was allegedly abused by the clubs then chief scout;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/29/chelsea-made-secret-payment-player-child-sex-abuse-claim/

Hush money man, no doubt football clubs acted in some instances like the mafia.

There's going to be a lot more to come on this Bimpy - make no mistake, IMO.

Totally agree, it's going to go all the way to grassroots football. We know have fairly good character checks at the lowest of levels, not fool proof but there was nothing before that, and you just know there would have been dreadful stuff happening.