Newcastle United 0-1 Blackburn Rovers - 26/11/2016 - post-match from page 11

Yorkie

We were poor from the very beginning today, Coyle came with a clear game plan of pressing us high up the pitch which forced us to go long and play right into their hands with their mammoth players who seemed like they had the perfect combo of strength, height and pace today, Rafa nor the players had any response or plan B for how Coyle had them set up.

My only real criticism of Rafa this season has been his in game management, instead of booting off at the linesman about 50/50 calls he should have looked to the bench and changed it up far earlier to give us a chance of getting something, waiting until the 84th minute when everyone in the stadium could see it was wrong from the offset was mental to me.

Today was a combination of players having an awful day and whatever our game plan was supposed to be didn't work.

Special mentions to Hayden, Ritchie and Perez who were nothing short of abysmal.

s**** result but you can't win them all. We'd won nine on the trot before this. :lol:

Just hope we win the Hull match. :indi:

Exactly.

We're still well on course for promotion and we'll have to accept that we're going to have the odd setback along the way.

Fuck my life. Third time, still no win.

People on this forum are freaking incredible. Love you guys.

I was shitting myself cos I couldn't connect with olly who had my ticket and Jill said if it went bad I could have hers. All went well in the end but I'll never forget how friendly you guys were. LFEE, Jill, Neesy, dino, ollymorty and others. First class :)

Great to meet you! Almost wishing I had given you my ticket after witnessing that rubbish. :lol:

still gutted this morning. would rather have had the 3 points than beat hull.

perhaps i'll feel differently tuesday night.

been years since i've been desperate to win every match even it was a friendly. finally been unpardewed and rafanated and it feels wonderful.

still gutted this morning. would rather have had the 3 points than beat hull.

perhaps i'll feel differently tuesday night.

been years since i've been desperate to win every match even it was a friendly. finally been unpardewed and rafanated and it feels wonderful.

Really disagree with that.

We have the chance to get to the semi-finals of the cup, we're still 1st, 3 points won't stop us from winning the league.

The corner that lead to the goal came from a corner which looked like it should have been a goal kick from my seat. Did the referee get it right?

Baffling how their keeper didn't get a card for time wasting

Was a blatant goal kick, never a corner in a million years.

Was there any reason why the ref didn't give the back pass in the first half? If it comes off the knee/shin does it not count as a backpass...?!

Got to be a deliberate back pass off a boot as far as I am aware, and that came off his knee.

He kneed it back?

I can only assume you're allowed too.

Abysmal performance.  Not forgetting this was a patched up Blackburn defence who ship goals on a regular basis.  Credit to them but we awful from minute 1, the changes made us look disjointed and unbalanced.  Hopefully won't see too many days like this again this season.  Special mention for Perez, he was pathetic.

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate who went said it was one of the worst home games he's been to in the last few years, surely it wasn't that bad was it?

In a good sense, I'm of the opinion that a good number of our players - even our better ones - are just not PL material and we are seeing it with these defeats. If we are starting with Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Perez, Mitrovic et al in the PL we will struggle.

Guest Howaythetoon

That fat bastard can fuck off. I hold him and the likes of Oliver responsible for many of our woes over the years for simply not holding anyone to any real account when they fuck up/play bad/make mistakes/are shit.

In a good sense, I'm of the opinion that a good number of our players - even our better ones - are just not PL material and we are seeing it with these defeats. If we are starting with Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Perez, Mitrovic et al in the PL we will struggle.

What's wrong with Shelvey? He wasn't at his best yesterday but he's looked a class above nearly all season and has proved he can be a good PL player in the past