Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday - 26/12/16 - Match Thread

Guest pricedoutoftoon

If that is how we play without shelvey we will lose all 5 games and very possibly not get promoted. Dogshit performance and we have no excuse our squad should be deep enough to cope. No imagination, second to every ball, allowed ourselves to be kicked out the game while being incredibly lazy in possession, no quality anywhere in team apart from Darlow and perhaps Hayden who made some great tackles and some of our best passes.

Not good enough, Rafa failed to change the game either. All round dreadful showing in front of our home crowd. Massive improvement needed, we quite simply should not be losing games in this shit excuse for a league.

Delighted we made an early decision on Shelvey so we weren't distracted.

We effectively decided that we were better off Shelvey missing this game then Rotherham at home (when we may have actually been able to bring someone in) which is fucking ridiculous. Colback a complete waste of a shirt.

Guest neesy111

Mitrovic was s**** when he came on.

f*** off neesy, no need to act like a bellend every single f***ing post.

I wanted him to come on but the point I'm making is this 442 fascination needs to stop.  We don't have the personnel for it.

Colback, Anita, Hayden, Goofy

Fuckin hell

Apart from Darlow they were all shockingly s****.

Poor side from Rafa, set the tone, wish he would get on the front foot a bit more often.

We don't have the players for the 'attacking' team you want. Perez just gets pushed off the ball.

Mitrovic was s**** when he came on.

f*** off neesy, no need to act like a bellend every single f***ing post.

I wanted him to come on but the point I'm making is this 442 fascination needs to stop.  We don't have the personnel for it.

That's not what you said. You said he was shit. Not we were still shit, or the formation was shit.

Mitro did more than Gayle and Perez, yet you didn't single them out.

The referees shitness was surpassed only by our own players and tactics. Fucking pitiful. We have seen some shit but that was fresh at the top of the pile.

Utter tosh. How can we play two defensive midfielders and a combative box to box yet get absolutely obliterated through the middle and run off the park. We were cut open time and tell again by our horrific full backs and lack of wing cover.

Really a dismal affair. Fresh creativity and talent needed at AM and left wing. Still not sold on gayle up top alone. Especially against teams with defenders twice his size.

On Rafa, this. Gayle was clearly struggling to cope with their defenders after about 10 minutes and we didn't have enough in midfield to pass through them. Mitro should've been on 20 minutes earlier, at the very least; Rafa needs to sort that situation out fast. He doesn't seem to be able to trust him to throw him in earlier, might as well sell him if that's the case. Atsu should be starting ahead of either winger now (personally, think that's been clear for weeks). Colback was absolute shite and Diame hid. Most worrying was our lack of commitment off the ball, saw numerous occasions where we just absolutely left runners - somewhat reminiscent of the last few years.

He's got some work to do on transfers, like. No use talking about PL players, we've got a job to do here still and we need some in to get the balance right for the next 4 months.

Pissed off but I'm not going to panic and overreact, we'll still win this league. Rafa will get it right. Pretty annoying when people are only chirping when we're doing poorly, btw.

How Colback stayed on for so long and Dummett played the whole game is f***ing beyond me!!!!!!! The players didn't take enough responsibility from the 1st minute. Absolutely s*** display. Every single f***ing pass was slow and without authority. Yes Shelvey didn't play but f*** me the players were on a different level of s***.

Rafa too late with the subs!

It was like watching us play Wimbledon in the Eighties.Big powerful  team who foul a lot.

We never seem to  have any idea how to play agaist teams like this.

We didn't  deserve  anything  tonight.

Pure dump.

Rafa stubborn. Without Shelvey he really needs to look at how we set up. Opposing managers must note that we always set up the same. Only thing is we have superior players than most of them. But they had us sussed and without our key player we looked out of sorts.