Newcastle United 4-0 Rotherham United - 21/01/2017 post match comments from pg17

Disco

Do love it when we have to watch one of the goalies gallop forty yards to get the ball cos the little tots are too small to climb over the hoardings.

At one point yesterday one of them went and put it down for a corner when it was the most obvious goal kick going and most of the players were already back in position near half way.

One thing that really irritates me at SJP is how f***ing slow our ball boys are.

When we have teams coming and sitting back, trying to frustrate and slow the game down we need the ball returned to the field as quickly as possible.

It just seems to take an absolute age to get the ball back into the field (if they even move to get it at all).

Mourinho complained about them last season. Reckoned they were doing it on purpose because we were winning.

One thing that really irritates me at SJP is how f***ing slow our ball boys are.

When we have teams coming and sitting back, trying to frustrate and slow the game down we need the ball returned to the field as quickly as possible.

It just seems to take an absolute age to get the ball back into the field (if they even move to get it at all).

Mourinho complained about them last season. Reckoned they were doing it on purpose because we were winning.

That was in 2014 when we beat them 2-1 not last season.

One thing that really irritates me at SJP is how fucking slow our ball boys are.

You do know that these kids aren't professional ball boys don't you?  They are kids from local grassroots football teams on the whole.  They turn up an hour before kick off and get to borrow some "uniform", get a brief talk about what to do - which includes being told not to climb over the holdings or enter the field of play. 

My son did it recently with his team.  They all had a great experience which surely is what it is all about....

He's just had them changed at old Trafford to the u16 team because they have better understanding of the game.

You do know that these kids aren't professional ball boys don't you?  They are kids from local grassroots football teams on the whole.  They turn up an hour before kick off and get to borrow some "uniform", get a brief talk about what to do - which includes being told not to climb over the holdings or enter the field of play. 

My son did it recently with his team.  They all had a great experience which surely is what it is all about....

Not anymore I'm afraid. Mourinho knows :lol:

Rotherham  :clap:

Sold out, huffed and puffed, but not quite enough. Hats off. Fans can be proud for their attitude and application, if nowt else.

What on earth are the words to that Rafa song?  [emoji38]

Highlight of the match btw, ridiculous bit of control by the Rotherham LB in the second half. Received a deserved round of applause from the whole crowd.

I thought success was only true in fairy tales,

Meant for some club else but not NUFC,

Success was out to get us,

Or that's the way it seemed,

Disappointment haunted all our dreams...

*But then I saw his face,

OH RAFA BENITEZ!

Not a trace, of doubt in my mind,

I'm in love! (Optional ooooooooh [emoji38])

Oh we have got Rafa and he is the gaffa of the might magpies!

*repeat until bored [emoji38]

What on earth are the words to that Rafa song?  :lol:

Highlight of the match btw, ridiculous bit of control by the Rotherham LB in the second half. Received a deserved round of applause from the whole crowd.

Happened pretty close to me; the ball was spinning like crazy and his first touch was a belter. I was expecting to see the ball fly into the crowd.

What on earth are the words to that Rafa song?  :lol:

Happened pretty close to me; the ball was spinning like crazy and his first touch was a belter. I was expecting to see the ball fly into the crowd.

It was a proper 'how's your touch' moment and he nailed it. Probably the highlight of his career.

It would have already been mentioned but that touch by their left back near the Gallowgate / Milburn corner! Absolutely majestic! Quite a lot of applause for it!

Did the Legion score finish 3-0 yesterday? Had to leave after 80mins as me toes felt like they were about to fall off!

It's lovely that we give local youngsters the opportunity to do it, but that detracts nothing from my original point. The problem is clearly the instructions (or lack of) that they are given.

I'm not asking them to climb over hoardings or enter the field of play, I'm just asking them to retrieve the ball at some sort of pace and get it put back in the pitch as soon as possible. Like I said in my original post, the longer it takes to return the ball - the better for the opposition who have come to frustrate and slow the game down.