Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

No doubt I'll be hijacked upon, but we need to improve our finishing in front of goal.  We seem to be missing a good amount of chances still in recent weeks.

Probably has something to do with our best striker by far having been out injured for a couple of months like.

never a pen - should have been free kick to us.

darlow great.

colbacks's best game for us.

diame was a disgrace and gouffran not far behind.

murphy lifted the whole team.

perez the most instinctive finisher after gayle. as long as he doesnt have time to think, he;s great.

reminds me spurs away 1-2.

Guest neesy111

No doubt I'll be hijacked upon, but we need to improve our finishing in front of goal.  We seem to be missing a good amount of chances still in recent weeks.

Probably has something to do with our best striker by far having been out injured for a couple of months like.

That's not an excuse though, other players should still be taking their chances though.  Every team gets injuries.

Guest neesy111

Not shocked that Murphy made such a difference. Few around me in the bar were saying Mitro would be having a field day today but disagree with that.

Bet they like his hardman attitude as well.

Guest gallows

Newcastle (4-2-3-1):

Darlow 6.5; Yedlin 6, Lascelles 6, Clark 6, Dummett 6; Shelvey 6, Colback 5.5 (Murphy 74, 6); Atsu 7, Diame 6, Ritchie 5.5; Gouffran 5 (Perez 82)

That's not an excuse though, other players should still be taking their chances though.  Every team gets injuries.

It's a partial excuse like, definitely. We've still scored twice four games in a row as well. Not that I'm really disagreeing with you, our finishing is fairly shite without Gayle, but we're still scoring.

Best team, bar Sheff Wed, by a mile I've seen us play this season.

Didn't think they looked that great mind. Baldock and Knockaert were dangerous and I thought Murphy had quite a good game on the left but Stephens, Sidwell and the two centre-backs were really poor in possession, particularly second half. As soon as Diame moved back into Colback's position, we dominated.

Guest neesy111

It's a partial excuse like, definitely. We've still scored twice four games in a row as well. Not that I'm really disagreeing with you, our finishing is fairly shite without Gayle, but we're still scoring.

If we took our chances, we would be making things far easier for ourselves.  It's good we are scoring ugly goals mind, shows a different side to us.