Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

Guest neesy111

Are we the worst team to ever get promoted?

Be nice if Rafa went on the front foot from the off.

Fuck off man, no where near.

Brighton are clearly a good side like. Excellent in posession, always looking for the clever ball to open up space. Can see why they're too much for most of the league.

Aye, I thought they looked really good in spells. They just bottled it, and we played well. Got nervous and sloppy in possession and didn't really know how to manage the game, especially once Diame's fluker went in.

For this level, it was a canny game of football to be honest. After they scored, they naturally sat back a bit, coupled with us waking up, but every chance they had, they went forward. Can understand if their fans are annoyed with some of their missed chances at 1-0.

did the double over the 'best' team in the league and we're top of the table having played the same # of matches having scored more goals and conceded the same amount of goals. sorry, we're the best team in the league :thup: howay the lads

Guest neesy111

No, not even close.

We must be? Were fucking awful to watch. He played that for a 0-0 tonight.

Boro were worse last season.

Don't watch religiously any more, and I'd wager my expectations were lower than most, but even if we had lost I'd have thought that was a reasonable performance.

The script of the game worked out perfectly for us in the end. They really ceded the initiative after they went ahead, and were happy to chase the ball for the rest of the game - so they were gassed at the end.

Thought Gouff did okay up top, industrious if not incisive or clinical. Shelvey started poorly but showed real quality eventually and Atsu was bright. Yedlin was disappointing.

I'd forgotten how hysterical these match threads are :lol: Still have big reservations over the long-term future of this squad, but promotion is still looking eminently achievable.

No, not even close.

19 shots, playing for a 0-0, nice work

Still have big reservations over the long-term future of this squad, but promotion is still looking eminently achievable.

I don't think there is much of a long term future for "this" squad. Obviously there'll still be a fair few players still here next season, but I do think that shift and add plenty in the summer.

No, not even close.

We must be? Were f***ing awful to watch. He played that for a 0-0 tonight.

Give owa with your relentlessly negative patter, man. It must be exhausting.

No, not even close.

I've been very critical of our performances at times, but this is fucking nonsense.

No, not even close.

We must be? Were f***ing awful to watch. He played that for a 0-0 tonight.

19 shots, playing for a 0-0, nice work

:lol:

Still have big reservations over the long-term future of this squad, but promotion is still looking eminently achievable.

I don't think there is much of a long term future for "this" squad. Obviously there'll still be a fair few players still here next season, but I do think that shift and add plenty in the summer.

Agree with that, most of this squad are good championship players at best. There's a reason why they are in this division, even if it is with us.

Maybe. Bit of a broken record player, but I am sceptical of what can be achieved in a single window - and how quickly a significantly altered team could hit the ground running next season without having played together for at least half a season. Especially our defensive unit.

I don't retract my pessimism pre-game, like. After seeing us play dismally at Wolves and get a s*** result against Bristol, I thought Brighton would have us and it looked that way after 15 minutes. I've been pretty balanced all season but feared it was slipping away, in spite of the unbeaten run since New Year.

Doesn't take away from my immense joy at a hugely deserved comeback. HTL.

I think that is going to be our style now, win ugly.

Tonight wasn't winning ugly, if we'd had a clinical finisher we'd have won it by half time.  Most of our players weren't as bad as this thread makes them look.

Brighton are clearly a good side like. Excellent in posession, always looking for the clever ball to open up space. Can see why they're too much for most of the league.

Aye, I thought they looked really good in spells. They just bottled it, and we played well. Got nervous and sloppy in possession and didn't really know how to manage the game, especially once Diame's fluker went in.

They really did bottle it like. They were dominating with about ten minutes left. The amount of poor touches and bad passes under no pressure they had in the last ten minutes was amazing and we capatalised on it perfectly