Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

Was just reading a Brighton forum and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised how down to earth most of them are. They agree with us that it probably was fair for us to win in the end :thup: Usually fans find it hard to accept no matter what, but they seem ok with us winning without too many complaints.

Newcastle (4-2-3-1):

Darlow 6.5; Yedlin 6, Lascelles 6, Clark 6, Dummett 6; Shelvey 6, Colback 5.5 (Murphy 74, 6); Atsu 7, Diame 6, Ritchie 5.5; Gouffran 5 (Perez 82)

Why are you so weird ?

he's not weird. he's TRYING to be weird.

just plain boring/thick as fuck and doesnt realise no one's laughing.

No doubt I'll be hijacked upon, but we need to improve our finishing in front of goal.  We seem to be missing a good amount of chances still in recent weeks.

Probably has something to do with our best striker by far having been out injured for a couple of months like.

That's not an excuse though, other players should still be taking their chances though.  Every team gets injuries.

It's a partial excuse like, definitely. We've still scored twice four games in a row as well. Not that I'm really disagreeing with you, our finishing is fairly shite without Gayle, but we're still scoring.

If we took our chances, we would be making things far easier for ourselves.  It's good we are scoring ugly goals mind, shows a different side to us.

Said this the other day. We might not be playing too well but we still waste loads of chances in every match. Atsu and Gouffran missed absolute sitters tonight, and Murphy could have done better with a free header. The time to really worry is when there are no chances at all.

Was just reading a Brighton forum and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised how down to earth most of them are. They agree with us that it probably was fair for us to win in the end :thup: Usually fans find it hard to accept no matter what, but they seem ok with us winning without too many complaints.

Fucking hippies.

Best team, bar Sheff Wed, by a mile I've seen us play this season.

Thought Fulham and Huddersfield were the best we've played. Sheffield Wednesday the smartest. Brighton a slightly poorer version of us. Surprised Reading are so high from what I've seen of them.

Newcastle (4-2-3-1):

Darlow 6.5; Yedlin 6, Lascelles 6, Clark 6, Dummett 6; Shelvey 6, Colback 5.5 (Murphy 74, 6); Atsu 7, Diame 6, Ritchie 5.5; Gouffran 5 (Perez 82)

Why are you so weird ?

he's not weird. he's TRYING to be weird.

just plain boring/thick as fuck and doesnt realise no one's laughing.

I know that but you've just spoiled my masterplan then  :lol:

Can see this having a very similar effect as the Norwich turn around had for us. IIRC we weren't doing poorly up til then, but after that we went on a roll and played some good stuff as well. Think it'll be even more so if Gayle is back in the side sooner rather than later. Hopefully it can have the same effect on Brighton as it did for Norwich too.

Brighton are clearly a good side like. Excellent in posession, always looking for the clever ball to open up space. Can see why they're too much for most of the league.

Aye, I thought they looked really good in spells. They just bottled it, and we played well. Got nervous and sloppy in possession and didn't really know how to manage the game, especially once Diame's fluker went in.

Brighton are clearly a good side like. Excellent in posession, always looking for the clever ball to open up space. Can see why they're too much for most of the league.

They looked dangerous I thought. We defended pretty well to keep them out at times, someone always managed to get a foot in when they got a sight of goal.