Huddersfield Town vs Newcastle United 4/3/17 17:30 GMT (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

Worth remembering they're playing City tomorrow btw.

It will be a second string tomorrow though. They made 8 changes to the City game from their midweek win over Rotherham and then after the City game made nine changes to the team that beat Reading last week.

Team news for Huddersfield Town vs Reading on Tuesday 21 ...

www.htafc.com › News

21 Feb 2017 - Wagner makes nine changes to the XI from Man City.

Wagner is banned from the touchline in both games which might help a bit

Fair point. Hopefully he changes tack for this one although I doubt it.

Pressure all on Hudders for this one, if we take a point then we are as good as up, lose and its not a killer, win and we are up.

These are the defining games, we stepped up last night and rightly got something in the end, this will be tough but id not bet against us winning this.

Positive from now on, lets win this anarl  O0

Don't know what should be changed for this tbh. I understand people wanting Anita in for Yedlin and Anita is better defensively. Thing is, he hasn't played in ages so not sure putting him in such a big match would be wise.

Maybe Perez for Diame? Diame was shit apart from the goal. Gouf did alright in keeping their defenders on their toes with his movement. So maybe put him in the Diame role and Perez upfront. Murphy to come on in the 2nd half.

Avoiding defeat is key here, especially if we can follow it up with a win at Reading.

A win though would put us in an excellent position.

Let us not forget that they have a game in hand. If they beat us the gap will be down to five points, if they win their game in hand the gap will be down to two points - it's not over and we need to keep focussed.

Darlow

Yedlin

Lascelles

Clark

Dummett

Colback

Shelvey

Richie

Diame

Atsu

Murphy

Is what I think it will be.

0-2

Diame is better suited to CM than Colback

"Is what I think it will be."

This could be one of the most vital games of the season - win this and the job is almost done...lose and it makes things a bit more tricky.

I expect it to be as - if not more - difficult than Brighton away...Huddersfield also have a shrewd coach and they play a pressing game which will be aimed at unsettling our defenders. They have had a great run and even forced a draw with Man City in the cup so we cannot take them lightly.

Should be a fascinating contest after last night's win..

Not convinced starting Murphy will be as effective as putting him on later, like tonight. He's not the spriteliest. Then again the options aren't amazing if Gayle isn't fit enough to start.

He isn't the quickest, but I thought his presence in the box made a big difference. It was good to have a focal point for attacks, and someone who you felt could realistically get on the end of balls put into the box. He had a header from a corner straight at their keeper, a flicked header tipped round the post and generally made a nuisance of himself without really needing to use much pace.

Maybe I'm going a bit far, but I think it also made our playmakers (I  use the term very liberally :lol;) a little less tentative about putting balls in the box as well when they were in good positions. In the absence of Gayle, I wouldn't mind a Gouff/Murphy combo up top.

Murphy was really effective when he came on, he wouldn't have been nearly as half as good had he started as Brighton's CB's would have got the measure of him imo.  Guess if Gayle is still out I'd go with the same starting 11 as last night and bring Murphy/Mitrovic on. 

Thought it was quite interesting that we'll probably see only 4 , possibly 5 of our starting XI against Huddersfield last time start this game:

Sels

Janmaat

Mbemba

Lascelles

Dummett

Anita

Hayden

Shelvey

Aarons

Diame

Gayle

I'd start the same as last night minus Colback. This game should be a little easier than last night as long as we start from the first whistle and don't do anything daft.