Huddersfield Town 1-3 Newcastle United - 04/03/17 - post match craic from p24

BlueStar

Well, just like Tuesday, another massive win, that I probably would have been happy with a draw from.

Brighton losing was a big bonus today too, and gives us that bit of a cushion. Hopefully we can finish this trio of matches without losing, and maybe with a third win.

Interesting comment from Kennys daughter on Sky after the game, saying people thought these matches may proves too much for us... 'hoped' more like... guess Sky were hoping we'd slip up and be almost out of the top 2 by now, or certainly after this coming Tuesday.

Cant praise the team enough. The pressure has been on, and so far, they've delivered. Amazing that this promotion campaign could be built more on our away form/results than at Home.

Anyway, Roll on Tuesday, and bring on Reading!

The reaction of some of the Huddersfield fans comes across as bitter entitlement. I hope they go up, they play good football, some of their fans just need to accept that we got an early goal and then did a job on them. The possession stats and shots mean very little when you've lost and been up against a side that has largely allowed the opposition to play in areas of the pitch they were comfortable to concede.

They never got to put us any real sustained pressure.

Read through the Huddersfield board. A few bitters, but the same number get it. They're a good side. Better than Brighton I think.

I think Brighton have got better players individually, but Huddersfield are a stronger team collectively. They are pretty relentless, a lesser team than us would have crumbled I think.

We allowed them to have the ball like, they did nothing with it. In contrast, Brighton owned the ball until they scored against us and they had more chances in those 15 minutes than Huddersfield did all game today

Watched the game in Reykjavik with the missus, another NUFC fan and a Spurs fan. Fucking buzzing. The spurs fan was quite complimemtary. Just off to see the Northern Lights but I really don't give a fuck about them, I just want to get wrecked and sing NUFC songs in the cold.

Ooh, look at me!

Iceland :smitten:

Read through the Huddersfield board. A few bitters, but the same number get it. They're a good side. Better than Brighton I think.

I think Brighton have got better players individually, but Huddersfield are a stronger team collectively. They are pretty relentless, a lesser team than us would have crumbled I think.

We allowed them to have the ball like, they did nothing with it. In contrast, Brighton owned the ball until they scored against us and they had more chances in those 15 minutes than Huddersfield did all game today

Aye, it's not really a fair comparison tbh. Brighton were far better though in that 20 or so minutes, they threatened to carve us open a couple of times. Huddersfield played the majority of this game 2 down.

I'd agree with that for the first half, very comfortable, but I thought it got a bit difficult in the second half, we didn't get out anything like we did in the first 45. I hope Brighton go up after us, but I would be slightly worried if I was one of their fans. Huddersfield are game if nothing else.

Possession based sides are always better defending leads than chasing games it shouldn't surprise then results like this happen with stats like that. Also no shame in losing to us we're top for a reason. Their coach is doing a very good job I can understand the frustration of having your best season for ages when a team like us is in the league who are kind of walking it a bit

I'd agree with that for the first half, very comfortable, but I thought it got a bit difficult in the second half, we didn't get out anything like we did in the first 45. I hope Brighton go up after us, but I would be slightly worried if I was one of their fans. Huddersfield are game if nothing else.

If Brighton get their game back together they'll get second place, Huddersfield just aren't clinical enough and I never felt that they offered a threat, even with all of the possession.  We managed the game perfectly and it only looked as if one team was ever going to win it.

The reaction of some of the Huddersfield fans comes across as bitter entitlement. I hope they go up, they play good football, some of their fans just need to accept that we got an early goal and then did a job on them. The possession stats and shots mean very little when you've lost and been up against a side that has largely allowed the opposition to play in areas of the pitch they were comfortable to concede.

They never got to put us any real sustained pressure.

This  massive arrogance from a small rugby town. They are basically Wigan from 10 years ago

That Huddersfield thread is hilarious. So many think we fluked Brighton too, and they all have the same fucking avatar.

I thought Shelvey was good at mopping up everything around their box. That little ginger shit (sorry gingers) wanted chinning.

This lad saves the thread for them tbf.

That Huddersfield thread is hilarious. So many think we fluked Brighton too, and they all have the same f***ing avatar.

This post:

Post by BLUE&WHITE on 26 minutes ago

Facts...

1 - the most one sided game I've ever seen us lose despite dominating.

2 - still annoyed about Coleman going up (I know the goal doesn't matter because our goal difference is so bad anyway but the incident took the wind out of our sails when 5 mins is still a lot of chances to. S had)

3 - thankfully Brighton lost so we are still only 3 points behind them if we win our game in hand.

4 - I now firmly believe we are the best, strongest team in the league, we just need more converted chances.

5 - we had 4 really good chances from 25 yards... why don't we try that more often?!?

6 - if we had scored first and forced Newcastle to attack us we would have had a field day.

7 - they tired after 40 minutes.

8 - Brighton play derby this week who have hit form recently.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/103630/town-newcastle-march-4th?page=16#ixzz4aOUQ6Vzu

Loads of facts there

That Huddersfield thread is hilarious. So many think we fluked Brighton too, and they all have the same f***ing avatar.

This post:

Post by BLUE&WHITE on 26 minutes ago

Facts...

1 - the most one sided game I've ever seen us lose despite dominating.

2 - still annoyed about Coleman going up (I know the goal doesn't matter because our goal difference is so bad anyway but the incident took the wind out of our sails when 5 mins is still a lot of chances to. S had)

3 - thankfully Brighton lost so we are still only 3 points behind them if we win our game in hand.

4 - I now firmly believe we are the best, strongest team in the league, we just need more converted chances.

5 - we had 4 really good chances from 25 yards... why don't we try that more often?!?

6 - if we had scored first and forced Newcastle to attack us we would have had a field day.

7 - they tired after 40 minutes.

8 - Brighton play derby this week who have hit form recently.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/103630/town-newcastle-march-4th?page=16#ixzz4aOUQ6Vzu

Loads of facts there

You can see the dude slowly losing his grip on sanity at points 4, 5 and 6.

Some of them have certainly got carried away by the looks of things. I quite like Wagner but hope they get done in the playoffs.

Hope it Sheff Wed that go up personally.