The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Of coz Messi created most chances when the whole team is setting up for him. If you genuinely think this is good for the team, then explain why they get three draws.

Germany won the cup without a super star.  We are in top half of the league without a proven EPL star. If a team is setting up just for shining the jewel crown it won't achieve great things.

Because they missed loads of easy chances. Just look at their results without Messi. They can't do anything without him. Argentina had better chances than Germany in the World Cup Final and Neuer should have been sent off which people forget. And you simply cannot compare us to Argentina. Argentina have to deal with teams playing 11 men behind the ball every game, we don't

Aye, but you may remember the one where it was either going to be Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic.

Aye but Sweden are trash ( no offence to the Swedes here)  Ibra or no Ibra.

We're better now with the new manager (and Ibra-less) actually.

The World Cup without Messi would be an absolute tragedy, like.

Aye but isn't the playoff against New Zealand?  [emoji38]

Even if they don't get through automatically, they'll be there. It's no different to when Portugal had to go through a playoff with Ronaldo.

There was never any real danger of them not qualifying.

What the fuck are you on about? [emoji38] They have to go to Ecuador at altitude and win. They've won there once in the last ten occasions and that was in 2001. If Paraguay hadn't scored two goals in the last five minutes it was totally out of their hands. Never any danger ffs :spit:

Forgive my ignorance, but can they not qualify with a draw? (via the playoff v New Zealand)

A draw in their game, Paraguay lose or draw v Venezeula (unlikely, but possible) and Peru lose v Columbia (or Peru beat Columbia by 2 goals) and they’ll be in the playoff, no? Or does it go on a ridiculous head to head rather than GD?

Even if they don't get through automatically, they'll be there. It's no different to when Portugal had to go through a playoff with Ronaldo.

What the fuck are you on about? [emoji38] They have to go to Ecuador at altitude and win. They've won there once in the last ten occasions and that was in 2001. If Paraguay hadn't scored two goals in the last five minutes it was totally out of their hands. Never any danger ffs :spit:

Forgive my ignorance, but can they not qualify with a draw? (via the playoff v New Zealand)

A draw in their game, Paraguay lose or draw v Venezeula (unlikely, but possible) and Peru lose v Columbia (or Peru beat Columbia by 2 goals) and they’ll be in the playoff, no? Or does it go on a ridiculous head to head rather than GD?

You're correct but those scenarios won't happen

You're correct but those scenarios won't happen

:thup:

Might watch their last game, they’ll have to go for it like or end up risking it with the scenarios above.

I don't follow international football at all because it's crap, i assumed Peru would go through automatically and Argentina would have to face a playoff no matter what.

Calm the f*** down.

If you don't follow it then you don't have to comment on it like you know better than people who've actually done some research

I have never implied i did, you assumed.

Argentina are in extremely serious danger now. Quito should not even be a legal venue to hold a top level international football match. It is genuinely a danger to the players. Winning there will be extremely difficult, Messi or no Messi. CONMEBOL is held up as the most difficult qualification region, but the truth is that is the most just format of all. There are no demons waiting in a random draw, if they don't qualify, it will be the result they truly deserve.

I don't follow international football at all because it's crap, i assumed Peru would go through automatically and Argentina would have to face a playoff no matter what.

Calm the f*** down.

What a bizarre stance, to enjoy a sport and not follow the single most popular event in that sport.

Dear me, international football is dull. Even tournaments don't hold the same magic as the Champions League, Premier League or even the FA Cup. And being someone who doesn't care too much for patriotism, I just don't see anything to be invested in. (don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I just struggle to get so invested in it enough to have an us against them attitude, plus England are f***ing trash)