The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Dybala dropped?

No, not allowed to play with Messi so staying on the bench.  The reason is he doesn't fit Messi.

The Messi bubble has to burst. He is not Maradona who can carry the team on his own.  The Messi & friends belief is the main reason why the qualification is a complete failure.

You don't know what you're talking about. The main reason Argentina may not qualify is that Messi missed games through injury. The stats back this up. He created 5 clear chances for teammates last night. What more are you expecting him to do?

Messi played in all last three draws.  If you are saying he doesn't deserve to be criticised, you are telling me he isn't  as great as people saying right? If you are saying he is on par with Pele and Maradona then tell me would they be free from critics for these three draws?

He doesn't deserve to be criticised for last night, no. Did you see the last three games? He creates chances that others don't score.

Football is totally different to when Pele and Maradona were playing. Defences are much better organised than they were then. Honestly that Maradona goal in 1986. Unbelievable goal but can you imagine a top or even average international team these days allowing anyone to score a goal like that? I can't. Don't even get me started on Pele. Completely different sport in those days.

I've seen quite a bit of Argentina in the qualifiers and you can't honestly suggest he is the same player for the national team as he is for Barcelona. It's quite clear there is a mental block or something there for him when he plays for Argentina, regardless of whether he did well last night or not he's usually below his standards when he plays for the national team. There is no reason for Argentina to be where they are and a big fault goes to Messi. Haven't won in their last four games and he's scored two goals from open play in the whole qualifiers and has two assists to that. Even Coutinho has missed about 5-6 games this qualifiers and come off the bench for a majority of them and has scored and assisted more.

Messi is from another planet when he plays for Barcelona, but it's quite clear that he is still human when he plays for Argentina. Also, if Argentina qualifies, I think they might do a Brazil from 2002. Struggle to qualify and then win the whole thing. They certainly have the players to do it.

Dear me, international football is dull. Even tournaments don't hold the same magic as the Champions League, Premier League or even the FA Cup. And being someone who doesn't care too much for patriotism, I just don't see anything to be invested in. (don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I just struggle to get so invested in it enough to have an us against them attitude, plus England are f***ing trash)

Blasphemy.

Dear me, international football is dull. Even tournaments don't hold the same magic as the Champions League, Premier League or even the FA Cup. And being someone who doesn't care too much for patriotism, I just don't see anything to be invested in. (don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I just struggle to get so invested in it enough to have an us against them attitude, plus England are f***ing trash)

I never even supported England or felt that identified as English until it dawned on me there were three Geordies playing (can’t remember tournament, or players, but suspect we’re talking mid-late 80s and Waddle, Beardsley and Robson). England seemed like a thing down there: for Home Counties folk and thick cricket fans from Lancashire.

Guest neesy111

The dutch are terrible compared to their previous teams but England would be struggling just as badly if they were in a similar difficult group.

Guest neesy111

Possibility of World Cup 2018 being without all of Argentina, Netherlands, Ivory Coast, Czech Republic, Italy & Croatia

Ivory Coast aren't much a miss tbh.