CHAMPIONS 3 - 0 Barnsley // Aston Villa 1 - 1 Brighton - 07/05/17 - WOOOOOOO

Dave

Did some idiots in the Strawberry Corner spread that Brighton had scored in the first half? Massive cheer went up at a random point and spread along the East Stand and part of the Milburn.

Everyone around us in the Leazes thought it must've been a Brighton goal, canny shock at HT when it showed 0-0 on the big screen :lol:

yes. cunts.

I'm not gonna mock Brighton, deserved to go up, very nearly deserved to win (I do think we'd have won it a bit ago with some half way decent Refs) and glad they got the other automatic promotion spot. I am however now going to stop hating Villa so much  :lol:

Did some idiots in the Strawberry Corner spread that Brighton had scored in the first half? Massive cheer went up at a random point and spread along the East Stand and part of the Milburn.

Everyone around us in the Leazes thought it must've been a Brighton goal, canny shock at HT when it showed 0-0 on the big screen :lol:

yes. cunts.

Bet365 jumped the gun and alerted that villa has scored when Lansbury missed a sitter. It was probably just people relaying information they thought to be reliable

I'm not gonna mock Brighton, deserved to go up, very nearly deserved to win (I do think we'd have won it a bit ago with some half way decent Refs) and glad they got the other automatic promotion spot. I am however now going to stop hating Villa so much  :lol:

aye. time for a truce.

I was one of the only ones who didn't celebrate and I was trying to find out what was going on but couldn't get a signal like everybody else.

I sent texts without reply and eventually phoned home to find out nothing had happened.

Glad to have helped.

We were much the better side today, even when down to ten men. We were the better team at their place too, for that matter.

Anyway, congratulations and see you in a year or so I hope (in the top league obvs).

Glad to have helped.

We were much the better side today, even when down to ten men. We were the better team at their place too, for that matter.

Anyway, congratulations and see you in a year or so I hope (in the top league obvs).

Watched most of it, you were good apart from one individual. Is Lansbury always that shit?

The timing was magic today. Just as the celebration for Gayle's goal were dying down everyone had given up hope on the title. People were walking out and then boom, the tidal wave hit St James'. Arms up all over and folks running back into the ground.

Glad to have helped.

:thup:

Will be rooting for you guys next season when the mackems are down there with you.

Absolutely superb that.

The last couple of weeks, I've seen the title as a bit "meh", but dear Lord did I want to win it today. Great feeling at the end and seriously good to see scenes like that back at SJP. Imagine if we actually won a major trophy.

An incredibly frustrating day not being able to find out the score, some misinformation being passed around etc. In games like this, why cant they show the score of the other game on the TV? Is there any law/rule that forbids it?

Anyway, a good performance today to round off a good season. We played some really nice stuff at times. Thought that Atsu, Yedlin and Mbemba were all superb, again.

Time to kick back, relax and enjoy the end of the season. PL finishing, the playoffs and then the cup finals. Our job is done.