CHAMPIONS 3 - 0 Barnsley // Aston Villa 1 - 1 Brighton - 07/05/17 - WOOOOOOO

Dave

Just wanted to ask. For anyone who did attend the game, did the Villa goal flash up on the big screen or was it just a combination of a few fans hearing the goal on radio and just  shouted it out? A few vids I've seen was that no one was actually on their phones but started celebrating and the celebrations of the goal came in like a wave. It was such a spine tingling roar when that Villa goal went in. Would love to see the whole match footage and see how the players on the pitch reacted to it.

Just wanted to ask. For anyone who did attend the game, did the Villa goal flash up on the big screen or was it just a combination of a few fans hearing the goal on radio and just  shouted it out? A few vids I've seen was that no one was actually on their phones but started celebrating and the celebrations of the goal came in like a wave. It was such a spine tingling roar when that Villa goal went in. Would love to see the whole match footage and see how the players on the pitch reacted to it.

Not on the screen, I think people were getting texts off people outside the ground mostly. My friend was keeping an eye out on his betting app which shows when a team is on the attack, it showed a Villa free kick then betting was suspended, that was enough for most the celebrations to start.

From where I was (L7 corner) we looked at the players who started celebrating when the Brighton game finished which started the celebrations, the PA system immediately announced the result.

Me and fans around me were actually saying the Brighton game showed be shown on the big screen after our full time in order for us to know.

I'm a bit late to the party, but got some decent pics people may appreciate

http://i.imgur.com/aaaBbeU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/do0NVqB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7xfmdf3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yrGm4Vg.jpg

Some quality has been lost in uploading for some reason but whatever

Apologies if this has been posted, but on Soccer AM they had Brighton v Newcastle on the Volley Challenge..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHQKlsGKYB0

Hopefully this is allowed, but apologies and please delete if not.

:lol:

First time I've seen that show in years. Has she had some terrible plastic surgery?

Yep, she had the lips done. I mean it's not as if that could go wrong  :lol:

What a great day. We could only get tickets for the away end, so we were just sat smirking to each other as our goals went in. I have to say that the Barnsley fans chanting 'you're going to win f*** all' after Brighton scored was one of the most pathetic and tragic things I've seen for a while. They were completely silent up until that point and it took another team scoring for them to wake up and find their voices. (When they were 2-0 down. Playing an already promoted team. And they support f***ing Barnsley......)

However, I also have to give some of their fans credit when news broke that Villa had equalised as a fair few of them actually stood up and applauded. It took pretty much everything I had not to go mental at that point, but I don't think I'll ever forget the roar that went up as our players were trotting back into position after the Gayle goal. From where we were it seemed to start in the North West corner and spread around the whole stadium from there. It must be one of the biggest roars I've ever heard at St James', up there with the Jonas goal against West Ham and I was sat in the home end for that one. The noise and singing for the few minutes following that was incredible, and the Barnsley fans near us were commenting on how loud it was. A few of them stayed behind to take photos of the presentation too and were applauding our players, so they made up in some way for the large number of bellends that they had. Was a great feeling watching the celebrations from up high and being able to see the entire stadium full of joy.

One thing that is blatantly obvious from yesterday is that if Rafa can bring any sort of success to this club in the next few years, the celebrations and atmosphere would be on another level. I've got the feeling that we could be in for something special in the next few years, and I know I'm still drunk on the joy of yesterday but, f*** it, this is football and I'm overreacting and this is how it's supposed to feel to follow your team. I'm off to watch all the videos from yesterday again.......

from .com

Crowd: 52,276, not quite the highest of the season - there were 25 more fans here for the Leeds game.

That figure included some 2,700 travelling Tykes who missed the chance to join in the carnival mood after celebrating Brighton's goal at Villa.

The crowd meant that United ended the season with an average home league attendance of 51,108 - the highest since the 51,321 of the 2007/08 campaign.

(2009/10 promotion season average was 43,384).

That's so nuts for the Championship, so glad we're back where we belong  :smug:

Just was thinking about the elation at 2-0, the annoyance with Baker to get the red and Brighton going 1 up with a penalty and sort of slouching back on the couch annoyed at everything Villa did before/after. Then that Greaaaaalish goal, going bezerk in the house and also hearing the news trickle into the stadium via the radio commentary, the roar after and being nervous as fuck about Villa holding onto the result. Villa then had a few more chances to put the game away on the counter, and when the whistle had gone there, jumping for joy, then hearing the news trickle into radio commentary too, awesome stuff.

:indi:

Just was thinking about the elation at 2-0, the annoyance with Baker to get the red and Brighton going 1 up with a penalty and sort of slouching back on the couch annoyed at everything Villa did before/after. Then that Greaaaaalish goal, going bezerk in the house and also hearing the news trickle into the stadium via the radio commentary, the roar after and being nervous as fuck about Villa holding onto the result. Villa then had a few more chances to put the game away on the counter, and when the whistle had gone there, jumping for joy, then hearing the news trickle into radio commentary too, awesome stuff.

:indi:

When Brighton got that free kick in the dying seconds though :scared:

What a roller coaster of emotions at the game yesterday! Was horrible after the roar of Villa's first 'phantom' goal was celebrated, I was stood staring at my phone saying to people round me, it's still not showing.. for like 5 mins until some lad infront went inside to check the teles and came back and confirmed 0-0.

Was a fantastic atmosphere until the Brighton goal came through, then has to be said was so quiet and flat, understandably was pretty gutting!

Then Gayle came on and his celebration :lol: right infront of us in the gallowgate, then as they were jogging back I caught a glimpse of someone on our bench going nuts, then the crowd slowly erupted! Hardly anyone round me celebrated until we had a phone confirmation, then about 15 secs later it popped up on my phone and I was just screaming thrusting my phone in peoples faces demanding to see it :lol:

Unreal like, was shaking until their game was confirmed. On reflection all seems abit daft going nuts for winning the 2nd tier, but after what we've endured over the last 10 years, it was incredible. Nothing but love for Rafa.

I got told it was Villa 2-0 first half :yao:

Me too :lol:

Ended up putting the radio on my phone, no 4G and stupid rumours going around.

:lol: Refused to celebrate Villa's goal until I got LiveScore confirmation.

Heza was spreading rumours around the corner about the Villa score. :lol:

When people were celebrating Villa's apparent goal but no one had confirmation I turned to a lass I used to sit next to and just went "I will not believe this until you confirm it because I trust you more than the rest of this lot" and she frantically got the score up and waved it in my face. :lol:

Atsu looks like Ben Arfa in those highlights like  :pedro:

Looked incredible. Really hope and expect us to sign him up. He's had 5 goals and 3 assists (according to whoscored), which is the same stats Gouffran has, but he got them at half the time.

I think he's also mainly got the majority of his gametime after Gayle got injured so it was more difficult for him to gather assists. I remember many times Atsu beat his man and delivered a deadly cross, but neither Mitro/Diame managed to be at the right place at the right time.

from .com

Crowd: 52,276, not quite the highest of the season - there were 25 more fans here for the Leeds game.

That figure included some 2,700 travelling Tykes who missed the chance to join in the carnival mood after celebrating Brighton's goal at Villa.

The crowd meant that United ended the season with an average home league attendance of 51,108 - the highest since the 51,321 of the 2007/08 campaign.

But I though 50,000 screaming jawdees was a number made up by the magedia?

from .com

But I though 50,000 screaming jawdees was a number made up by the magedia?

Mackems vs Bournemouth was recorded as 38k tbf :lol: