Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Guest neesy111
13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Really coming into his own last few games, looked pretty assured coming out with the ball tonight. He's always looked like he's got the tools to be a really good player. Could he be the next James Milner?!

Did you watch the Arsenal game? 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

Did you watch the Arsenal game? 

Ignoring the previous several decent games he’s had for us prior to that, and Bruce ball of course? I think he has a degree of talent above the limitations of this squad/team to justify why we bought him in the first place...

Guest neesy111

He's fine if your objective is finishing 17th every season, apart from that he's not that good.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

He's fine if your objective is finishing 17th every season, apart from that he's not that good.

But we are 13th... I disagree, under the right manager I think he has legs to improve massively, he’s a grade or two above a Ritchie for example. 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:
7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

But we are 13th... I disagree, under the right manager I think he has legs to improve massively, he’s a grade or two above a Ritchie for example. 

Absolutely agree with HTT here. Need more people like him and Willock in the squad and less Hendricks and Shelveys.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

And could be 17th again by Sunday....

Improve massively?  He's at 26, he's not young anymore.

When he had a difficult first season under Benitez in 17/18 I always tried to defend him, he had a canny run of games in the January before being sporadically used and loaned out. 

If we were taken over, would I want him starting games for Newcastle United? Nah. Under Ashley though, I think he's worth a punt, would give him a new contract. He's got the work rate and all that stuff, he's a fan after all, but he's one of the few we have who can put a decent cross in. Probably poor standards, but I certainly wouldn't mind if he was to stay. Would prefer he get a new deal than maybe Gayle or any of the others with their deals coming to an end.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

And could be 17th again by Sunday....

Improve massively?  He's at 26, he's not young anymore.

He’s younger than that aye? And I get your point, but the same applies that he’s doing well for a 13th placed side as things stand, and a side being managed by Bruce. He’s no world beater but compared to say Ritchie ability wise, he’s streets ahead and even as a squad player he’s kind of proved his value recently and again he has a bit more about him that shows there is more to offer from him still. Under the right manager of course... I like him, and and rate him as a talent. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, HTT II said:

He’s younger than that aye? And I get your point, but the same applies that he’s doing well for a 13th placed side as things stand, and a side being managed by Bruce. He’s no world beater but compared to say Ritchie ability wise, he’s streets ahead and even as a squad player he’s kind of proved his value recently and again he has a bit more about him that shows there is more to offer from him still. Under the right manager of course... I like him, and and rate him as a talent. 

He was 26 in February.  Time is ticking on his career.  I don't see any consistency in him.

Guest HTT II
7 hours ago, neesy111 said:

He was 26 in February.  Time is ticking on his career.  I don't see any consistency in him.

Bloody hell, I thought he was 23 or something, in that case I would kind of agree in regards to him developing further, I still think he’s decent enough though, for us anyway.

Guest neesy111
Just now, joeyt said:

We can't be 17th by Sunday

Yes you're correct after checking the fixtures.  My fucking bad.  Carry on being the most pedantic poster please.

He’s probably worth an extension, but that’s symbolic of where we are as a club. Battling to stay in the league each year. They got round him quite easily last night a fair few times.

20 hours ago, neesy111 said:

I can't believe he's 26 and that i'm considering someone born in 1995 as old! :lol:

8 hours ago, Smal said:

He’s probably worth an extension, but that’s symbolic of where we are as a club. Battling to stay in the league each year. They got round him quite easily last night a fair few times.

He’s worth the extension even if it’s just so we can get a fee from any possible transfer. It’s the same story with Gayle. Honestly think we could get at least 5 million each for either player, which is a lot better than nothing we would without the new contracts. I also think we will get a few offers for both also.

I’m under the opinion that players of any age can improve* with the right coaching and management. He’s not going to suddenly turn into a world class player but I bet he’ll look much better once he’s left us.

Maybe not Shelvey or Gayle 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2021 at 05:30, Shearergol said:

I’m under the opinion that players of any age can improve* with the right coaching and management. He’s not going to suddenly turn into a world class player but I bet he’ll look much better once he’s left us.

Maybe not Shelvey or Gayle 

He's actually improved over the course of the season.

I thought he did really well against Sterling, and one or two other City players. They were starting to get irritated with him.

Against Man City he defended really well, especially against sterling, and was one of the players capable of playing it out of defense. I think he has played better in the wing-back position than as a winger, the team as a whole seem to play a lot better with the 3-5-2 system or 5-3-2 system (whatever your perspective is).

Like said before, would rather Murphy than Jonjo/Hendrick, he seems to have stepped up a notch and hopefully will keep progressing (under another manager? yippee)